Do i have social anxiety?

i admit that when im young as 5yrs old upto my teenage years, im a shy type of person, when i was 17 and i went to college, there's a slight change in my shyness, i become socialize person, i enjoy my friends and my classmate's company. im so very happy that time because i change my attitude. but when i went 19yrs old, now, i fear talking to people, specially to my classmates not close to me, and even my to my friends whom i know for many years. I want to share my happy stories to them but i cant cause i felt nervous when all of them are staring with me, when i talk, my lips is quivering when my fear attack.

But i can go to mall or to go to other place , example is ask the saleslady or the guard for a location but nOt in really social events. Do you think i have SA? or extremly shy? or do you think its just stress or any circumstances that cause this feeling? it happens on me for months now and im so sad ::(:
please help me :(

It sounds like you do, but it could just have been brought on because of stress. Like you, I've always been shy, and I have no problems with everyday things like going to stores and talking to salespeople/cashiers and asking simple questions, I just completely avoid social events and have no friends to speak of. I think I've had SA since I was a pre-teen, and I'm not really sure what caused it. I haven't tried to get any treatment for my SA yet, because it doesn't completely affect my day to day life, just the social aspects- but I probably will once I have the money/insurance. I'm no doctor or therapist though, so if you're that unhappy you should probably seek a professional diagnosis and get help if you have the resources to do so. If you're in college, I'm sure there are doctors and/or counselors there.

Sinar_Matahari

You may have SA but don't take my word for it. First, you should probably see a physician to make sure that there are not underlying physical ailments that may cause you anxiety. I learned that hypersomnia and hypoglycemia can cause anxiety. If the doctor cannot find any causes then he or she might refer you to a mental health care professional. I hope that you do not have Anxiety or Social Anxiety. If you do, know that there is professional help our there and there are supportive people on this forum if you choose to come back.

caithead

Your situation sounds very similar to mine: in high school I broke through being socially anxious/shy and was a very social, outgoing person with a lot of friends...but now that I'm in a new city at university, the motivation to make new friends seems like more of a task. I definitely have generalized anxiety, and you just might too...it's such a common thing nowadays that I wouldn't worry about having it, but moreso about finding a way to live with it. The combination of therapy, books to inspire you, and medication may be a good place to start. You've already passed the hardest part: reflecting upon it and wanting to find change. :)