Do girls like guys for non-look associated reasons?

Sidekix

ok, this girl has a fantastic personality... would you ask her on a date?
ugly-gothjpg.jpg

Ugly girls image by l33tdip on Photobucket

Anubis

This is also perception.

Life is perception. Yes, I know, I blew your mind (probably not). In fact, I think humanity's realization of this potential possibility - with the rise of nihilism - is the reason why depression has reached epidemic levels nowadays.

First, we don't know what to believe, and second, we're pissed off that others DO know what to believe (when it's seemingly clear to you and others that no actual absolute reality is definable).

So you basically come to an impasse here.

1) Depression
2) Accept that "absolute reality" is irrelevant. If it doesn't want to come out and reveal itself clearly, then it can **** off. In other words, it ceases to be a relevant aspect of your life, because it makes no apparent effort to be knowable.
3) Continue searching for that absolute reality.

Either way works.

no1

Banned
ok, this girl has a fantastic personality... would you ask her on a date?
ugly-gothjpg.jpg

Ugly girls image by l33tdip on Photobucket

probably not. personality goes with physiology too. if a person doesn't take care of themselves what does that say about their personality?

But anyway, i said i would talk to ANYONE like a NORMAL person. Not avoid simply TALKING or SOCIALIZING with a person simply because she looks "ugly", or less than pretty, whatever you want to call it. Anyone who says that is basically saying a hypocritical thing, if you were that person, you would like some support. It's a shallow thing to say that you won't talk to anyone simply because they don't have perfect looks.

Why? because I know.. that for a fact, if there's no love, there's no bridge to make something happen. Sometimes people need help, even if it's the type of help that makes a person more independent, and self loving.

Sidekix

probably not. personality goes with physiology too. if a person doesn't take care of themselves what does that say about their personality?

But anyway, i said i would talk to ANYONE like a NORMAL person. Not avoid simply TALKING or SOCIALIZING with a person simply because she looks "ugly", or less than pretty, whatever you want to call it. Anyone who says that is basically saying a hypocritical thing, if you were that person, you would like some support. It's a shallow thing to say that you won't talk to anyone simply because they don't have perfect looks.

Why? because I know.. that for a fact, if there's no love, there's no bridge to make something happen. Sometimes people need help, even if it's the type of help that makes a person more independent, and self loving.

How's that attitude working for you? Ideally, if you did put that theory into practice you would have a ton of friends.

It is the right thing to do try and be nice to people regardless of their exterior but not all physically un attractive people are nice just like not all pretty people are mean.

You, can be persistent but of course you should give up if there’s no showings signs of interest back!... It's a dead end! But, if it didn't work out romantically you may have a great friend with them.

I don’t know what your deal is but people usually respond well to effort but most of us complain when it doesn't happen how we want it to… When really we don't put in the effort we say we do.

If you do then you just haven't came across the right one yet.

How many female friends do you have in real life?

SpLynx

I fell in love with a guy who I wasnt attracted to at first. And honestly, because there was a lack of physical attraction I didn't think anything more than friendship would come of it.

He was great to talk to. Kept me interested, made me laugh, had fun and serious conversations and we had lots in common.
After awhile he started to become more physically attractive to me. Instead of thinking he's totally not my type whatsoever I started to think he was perfect for me. And he was my first boyfriend.

So yes, from what I expereinced with him, I know some girls do like guys for more than just looks. And now I am far less picky when it comes to looks. I find average guys to be extremley sexy though :p I'm not into the typical "hot" guys.

For me it was same :) I was looking for a kind, understanding and caring person who would keep me and let me feel safe. Looks werent important. As he provided to me all I wanted he became attractive to me.

Sidekix

You can’t expect from others what you don’t give out yourself. People cling to people that give them acceptance…

They want your approval just as much as anyone else’s and when you don’t give it, you’d be sure they will be looking in the other direction…
Sp, prevents you from being the person you want to be but unfortunately you’re going to experience the negative brunt’s from that .

Don’t pigeon hole people yourself and next time you come across a person that seems nice or you can somewhat relate to belay you’re negative experiences in the past and reach out to them. Tell them you have shyness issues… I wouldn’t recommend saying you have sp because most people don’t understand that you need to break it into simple relatable terms at first.

Not liking someone’s looks wouldn’t give them much self worth either in theory that sounds nice, you only go by personality but in terms of sexuality people need to feel that their partner is attracted to them and it adds to their confidence that you like them for both.

I don’t know many people that are happy that their partners only like them for their personality. Yes, eventually the relationship evolves and goes past just physical attraction but that comes from spending time together and getting to know one another on several levels not from initial meeting.

I don’t think good looking people will reflect that you have good looking kids because I have seen many times where that is not true. I do however believe people liked to be liked for self esteem reasons for looks and personality…

butterflydreams

Well... first of all, I have never been in a relationship.
I have fallen in love for the wrong reasons... not due to the fact I was fond of someone for the way they LOOKED.
But, if I like a guy, it would have to mean that I'd be fond of the way they think, say things, his personality. Looks are just details...

Sidekix

Well... first of all, I have never been in a relationship.
I have fallen in love for the wrong reasons... not due to the fact I was fond of someone for the way they LOOKED.
But, if I like a guy, it would have to mean that I'd be fond of the way they think, say things, his personality. Looks are just details...

so what do you say when your partner says...

sweetie do I look good in this?

no1

Banned
You can’t expect from others what you don’t give out yourself. People cling to people that give them acceptance…

They want your approval just as much as anyone else’s and when you don’t give it, you’d be sure they will be looking in the other direction…
Sp, prevents you from being the person you want to be but unfortunately you’re going to experience the negative brunt’s from that .

Don’t pigeon hole people yourself and next time you come across a person that seems nice or you can somewhat relate to belay you’re negative experiences in the past and reach out to them. Tell them you have shyness issues… I wouldn’t recommend saying you have sp because most people don’t understand that you need to break it into simple relatable terms at first.

Not liking someone’s looks wouldn’t give them much self worth either in theory that sounds nice, you only go by personality but in terms of sexuality people need to feel that their partner is attracted to them and it adds to their confidence that you like them for both.

I don’t know many people that are happy that their partners only like them for their personality. Yes, eventually the relationship evolves and goes past just physical attraction but that comes from spending time together and getting to know one another on several levels not from initial meeting.

I don’t think good looking people will reflect that you have good looking kids because I have seen many times where that is not true. I do however believe people liked to be liked for self esteem reasons for looks and personality…

Are you talking to me about me not giving them approval? I do try to give them approval, I really do. I think it's actually them who don't give me approval, but of course anytime someone mentions the fact that they are'nt being reciprocated, they are always considered full of themselves and selfish.

Sidekix

Are you talking to me about me not giving them approval? I do try to give them approval, I really do. I think it's actually them who don't give me approval, but of course anytime someone mentions the fact that they are'nt being reciprocated, they are always considered full of themselves and selfish.

Well I think people with sp are somewhat self deluded when they think they are giving approval we often think and feel one way but exhibit another behavior because of our problems. If it weren't for our sp we almost would be as bad as those people who dismiss people for unwarranted reasons.

We also aren’t willing to acknowledge the acceptance we do get, I think you should question those people as what they think of you and if your feelings are warranted then at least you know and you can continue your search that’s where persistence comes into play.

ffeev223234

What you are not smart then
Are you implying that you are stupid
listen you dont have to be extremely smart
there are various ways of being smart
for example,
street-smarts
academically smart
computer smarts
Geez! do not give up

Sidekix

It's all relative different predilections for different people

but people make judgments based on what we think of ourselves as well and you slim down the potentials with that attitude because they will think well hey you know yourself better then I do I guess he’s right..

DanFC

It's all relative different predilections for different people

but people make judgments based on what we think of ourselves as well and you slim down the potentials with that attitude because they will think well hey you know yourself better then I do I guess he’s right..

And as an extension of that, you have an even worse self-image and the cycle continues on and on. It's a vicious circle, spiraling down and down and down.