dissapointment vs Failure

lifesnotfair

i guess i shouldn't be suprised if more and more of my "friends" are getting engaged, having children, have steady employment, etc.. they say grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. But my grass is dead... so anything would be better in what i am living through. I am alone, no friends understand or want to listen to me anymore. They tell me to be happy, get out and do things, well, f*** that, they haven't lived a day in my shoes for one day I am really tired of hearing this. I am tired of my friends being more successful than i am, i am tired of hearing about engagements, and love. Tired of Hearing about Hollywood continuously promoting sex to the attractive people and insulting the people with disabilities and ugliness. I am nearly 30 years old, and i havent even been kissed. I am so frustrated that i am still a virgin, but yet i am too poor to even get a girl to look at me little lone sleep with me. Just angry and Frustrated, and i feel one day i am just going to lose it big time whatever form that takes....who knows, and really who cares, because people are selfish... and don't undetstand.

goldatom

You don't have to do what others are doing. You should do what you're good at. Others aren't good at it.

upndwn

i guess i shouldn't be suprised if more and more of my "friends" are getting engaged, having children, have steady employment, etc.. they say grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. But my grass is dead... so anything would be better in what i am living through. I am alone, no friends understand or want to listen to me anymore. They tell me to be happy, get out and do things, well, f*** that, they haven't lived a day in my shoes for one day I am really tired of hearing this. I am tired of my friends being more successful than i am, i am tired of hearing about engagements, and love. Tired of Hearing about Hollywood continuously promoting sex to the attractive people and insulting the people with disabilities and ugliness. I am nearly 30 years old, and i havent even been kissed. I am so frustrated that i am still a virgin, but yet i am too poor to even get a girl to look at me little lone sleep with me. Just angry and Frustrated, and i feel one day i am just going to lose it big time whatever form that takes....who knows, and really who cares, because people are selfish... and don't undetstand.

I can relate mate. I'm 32 and don't have a job, don't have a girlfriend, no education to speak of and have never been in a relationship that lasted more than a couple of months. Most of my friends are in relationships, have families and good jobs. And I must admit that I'm a bit jealous of them. I try to take every day as it comes. I try to give myself goals and I try to socialize as much as I can.

When I'm doing the things I like most of my problems seems to go away for a little while, but afterwards, when I'm alone, the realization of all the things everyone seems to have except me hits me like a hammer. It's a hard fact, but before anyone else can see how wonderful you really are you must first learn to love yourself despite your shortcomings.

Find something you like doing and build on that. Try to overcome your SA by challenging yourself to get out and meet people. It is hard at first but after a while you will find some social activity you feel comfortable with and you can let it develop from there. Wallowing in self pity and hiding under the covers will only scare others away (I know, I've been there). Try to be open to others, listen to what they have to say and try to see the good in them.