Denial

Have you ever lived in denial due to fear of what others will think?

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

nicole1

Were you even in denial about your social anxiety, depression or anything like that because of your fear of what others will think of you?

Glitch

Never in denial but there was a brief period, when I first found out about SA, where I sometimes doubted/questioned if I really had it or was embarrassed to admit it. I've fully accepted it now but I'm still not comfortable talking about it with anyone unless we're close. Sort of bitterly funny, I think my parents are the ones who are actually in denial, they refuse to believe there's anything wrong with me. It's nearly impossible for me to talk to them, it's just talking in circles, a real waste of time.

EscapeArtist

Yeah, constantly in denial. Sometimes I do accept that i'm depressed but only to myself, and even that is rare

coyote

it took me 30 years to admit to myself that that i am afraid

i always just blamed it on someone or something else

ridicule

I think that, inevitably, some people are in the complete opposite, they deny that they are "better" and more normal than they'd like to think. It's easy to blame all of your problems on a disorder of some kind.

MaliceInWickedland

Honestly, no. I always knew deep down inside that I was different and when I found out I wasn't surprised at all. Actually, I was relieved in a way. Relieved that I had finally figured out what was setting me apart from the crowd all these years. At least now I have earned a better understanding of myself and am working diligently to improve my condition so that I can live a normal life for once.