Deleted.

ImNotMyIllness

People are very finicky online. It's like watching television. For most, their friends are like channels.
This is a great forum to learn and grow-even make friends. But, you really need to make an offline effort if you're going to have a real connection. IMO

Lamb

For me I think it was choosing to no longer waste time exerting mental effort over wondering why this person did such and such. I don't salvage relationships often, if that makes me cold- so be it.

WishingICould

For me I think it was choosing to no longer waste time exerting mental effort over wondering why this person did such and such. I don't salvage relationships often, if that makes me cold- so be it.

I know what you mean. Mind you, i still take things too personally and have made the mistake of letting people in only to get very hurt. I'm now extremely suspicious of people, especially men. I don't think i'll ever let anyone else in.

Xervello

I know what you mean. Mind you, i still take things too personally and have made the mistake of letting people in only to get very hurt. I'm now extremely suspicious of people, especially men. I don't think i'll ever let anyone else in.

Though I understand not wanting to be used and abused over and over again (who'd want that), I don't think that last part is true. At least I hope it isn't. You have a particular sensitivity, as most of us here do, that a lot of "normal" people don't have or understand. Most young guys are self-involved jerks to begin with. But if you meet someone who is a little more self-aware of others, someone you can perhaps talk to about your issues upfront, I think that'll go a long way towards gaining a trust with him. So don't despair quite yet. You're pretty awesome. ;) In time, you'll find him or he you.

WishingICould

Though I understand not wanting to be used and abused over and over again (who'd want that), I don't think that last part is true. At least I hope it isn't. You have a particular sensitivity, as most of us here do, that a lot of "normal" people don't have or understand. Most young guys are self-involved jerks to begin with. But if you meet someone who is a little more self-aware of others, someone you can perhaps talk to about your issues upfront, I think that'll go a long way towards gaining a trust with him. So don't despair quite yet. You're pretty awesome. ;) In time, you'll find him or he you.

Thank you for calling me awesome. :perfect: I'd like to think i'd meet somebody one day who'd genuinely care about me but i don't hold out much hope of that happening. I usually get the guy's i'm not attracted to chasing after me and the rare times i have met a half decent one they either just want sex and not a relationship or they don't even notice me. I think i'm just going to end up a cat lady. Btw that avatar before wasn't me, it's a British actress that i've been told i look like. I used her picture because we look similar but i'm not comfortable revealing my identity on here.

Xervello

Btw that avatar before wasn't me, it's a British actress that i've been told i look like. I used her picture because we look similar but i'm not comfortable revealing my identity on here.

Hmmz, I don't remember you having a person-pic avatar. Then again, unless the avatars are of Scooby-Doo or something I tend to forget them, ha ha. But now you have me curious. Which Brit actress? If it's Rose Leslie this could be love, lol. Good call with the wabbit though, cuz everyone knows wabbits are the cutest creatures on earth. :thumbup:

By the way, have you tried online dating? There's a thread about that somewhere on this forum. It's probably a whole other bunch of problems, but it's an option. Some have found success with them. And with a legit one you might be able to seek out someone with shared interests, someone you're attracted to physically, and perhaps someone you can get to know ahead of time before serious dating/entering into a relationship. Anyway, just a thought. Some alone time can be good though. And, hey, cats are awesome, too! ;)