[Deleted for personal reasons]

Danfalc

Banned
I can tend side tracked with day dreaming,I love pondering things like our universe,why it was created,how..and other mind mending topics.

Though I find this sort of stuff so amazingly interesting I can't say it scares me.

I get a similar experience when I get stuck in a pattern of negative thinking though.I get caught up in my own thoughts too much,I think it's a touch of OCD on my part,it's like I can't switch my thinking off.

Sorry If that is completely not the same thing you mean.

I can tend side tracked with day dreaming,I love pondering things like our universe,why it was created,how..and other mind mending topics.

Though I find this sort of stuff so amazingly interesting I can't say it scares me.

I get a similar experience when I get stuck in a pattern of negative thinking though.I get caught up in my own thoughts too much,I think it's a touch of OCD on my part,it's like I can't switch my thinking off.

Sorry If that is completely not the same thing you mean.

It's somewhat similar I think. :] It's not so much nature and the universe by definition that scares me, I love both those subjects.

It's just that pondering about those things usually takes me to things like death. And when I start to realizing how mortal I really am, and how my body and brain is nothing more then a bunch of epic coincidences, I start to freak out.

Because that makes me realize that I stop to exist entirely when I die (my awareness that is). That I'll never see the light of day again, never hear music, heck, never feel pain again. Just recycled to be food for worms and planets. Forever more nothing, utter nothing. Reconstructed to be something else in nature, never to be fully whole again.

This is what freaks me out..

Pookah

There are some things that if you ponder them may "hurt" the brain. Death and the universe, purpose in life, quantum physics :p

Pretty much anything I am personally ill equipped to fully understand may frustrate my senses.

mrb

the only thing that hurts my brain is trying to add up how much iv spent at the shops if iv brought more than 2 items :confused:

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I do get overwhelmed and sometimes scared when thinking about the vastness of the universe, and things like death and infinity. Sometimes at night, these thoughts cause my stomach to churn, I can't sleep, and I have to get up and watch cartoons, or something more "pleasant" to take my mind off of it.

mrb

I'd rather think than be a goldfish in a bowl, no matter how scarey it is

how do you know gold fishes dont think mate :confused: dont belive all that they have the memory of 2.2 seconds rubbish .... my fish see me walk up to the tank and there like yayyyyy its gary were going to get fed were going to get fed , there fins waggle with excitment .... so they must remember me :confused: hmmm im going off topic time for me to shut up :)

mrb

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I do get overwhelmed and sometimes scared when thinking about the vastness of the universe, and things like death and infinity. Sometimes at night, these thoughts cause my stomach to churn, I can't sleep, and I have to get up and watch cartoons, or something more "pleasant" to take my mind off of it.

cartoons ........ bit old for that arnt you pants :confused: says me that watched toy story today , but it was in 3d :)

Remus

Staff member

Yep sounds like me, I read about the death of atoms in the future and the different universe deaths, I find the whole thing horrfic, then I think about death and I'm horrified even more, been this way since I was about six, I think far too much

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
how do you know gold fishes dont think mate :confused: dont belive all that they have the memory of 2.2 seconds rubbish .... my fish see me walk up to the tank and there like yayyyyy its gary were going to get fed were going to get fed , there fins waggle with excitment .... so they must remember me :confused: hmmm im going off topic time for me to shut up :)

yup

look! kittens!

funny-kittens.preview.jpg

cartoons ........ bit old for that arnt you pants :confused: says me that watched toy story today , but it was in 3d :)

Off topic- I love cartoons. The only ones I don't really like are the preschool kind- Dora and the like. But Spongebob is my hero- or maybe Squidward... ::p:

mrb

yup

look! kittens!

funny-kittens.preview.jpg

gimme gimme gimme :D gary rushes of to get them and forgets all about the thread :D awwwwwww kiss kiss cuddle takes em to bed .... err just to stroke them to death of course .... thanks i love kittens :D

Remus

Staff member
Yup ok, that's him distracted, lets get back on topic as I'm personally fascinated that others obsess over this doom aswell as myself

coyote

There are some things that humans aren't meant to understand:

death, infinity, the inner workings of the universe, mrb, etc....

mrb

You can either be scared by it or you can embrace your time you do have left here. I think most of us fear death because we are afraid there is no afterlife. We have a defense mechanism against acknowledging our own death for our very own survival. No matter your personal beliefs, I still think we should think about death from time to time only to reinforce knowing that life is...um short. ;)

true but humans live longer than most things , we should be gratefull for that , as far a death goes well im not scared of it , dont get me wrong i dont want to die , but i dont worry about it .... all beings fight for Survival , animals humans ect ... to be honest i soppose its prob better to be an animal when it comes to that sort of thing ... shouldnt think that even crosses there mind :confused: they just want to eat ... hmmm gods creatures eh .. made us to intelligent if you ask me ... mankind worry worry worry , animals dont worry ... they just get on with being alive and eating ... hope i come back as a um dunno polar bear :) WAIT :eek: the ice caps are melting ... ok a cat in a loving home prrrrrrrrr lolzzz

Last edited: