Dating tips

dannyboy65

I've been single for 4 years now and really want to get back into dating and meeting girls. I'm 18 and live in Canada, I already signed up for a dating site called plenty of fish. But so far I was only looked at by 4 people and it shows a lot of people from different provinces and not in my province. I keep thinking this won't work, but yet I don't have enough guts to actually talk to a girl the last girl I liked just friend zoned me last night. So can anyone give me tips on dating, by the way it is also my first year in college.

Odo

Banned
If you're in college, you can just talk to people in your classes, and then meet their friends. I'm really not sure why you would feel the need to meet people online.

I can't really give you dating advice but at the very least you should be able to make friends and then maybe they will know people.

Silatuyok

College! Young, smart and beautiful girls are everywhere! All you have to do is get to know them. :) Don't pass up any opportunities to hang out with them, their friends, or at events where they will be. Join study groups. Get involved in activities. If you like a girl in your class, ask if you can sit next to her. Strike up a conversation. Ask for her help with the material and you're sure to get some positive attention. Walk a dog through campus. Volunteer with school groups. There are a million ways you can approach this!

Bronson99

College! Young, smart and beautiful girls are everywhere! All you have to do is get to know them. :) Don't pass up any opportunities to hang out with them, their friends, or at events where they will be. Join study groups. Get involved in activities. If you like a girl in your class, ask if you can sit next to her. Strike up a conversation. Ask for her help with the material and you're sure to get some positive attention. Walk a dog through campus. Volunteer with school groups. There are a million ways you can approach this!

Young, smart, beautiful girls.. yes! (looking for young, smart, beautiful guys...)

Bronson99

Lots of those in college too. ;)

But any beautiful girls looking for decent-looking guys that can barely handle their studies, lack confidence, avoid crowds, and so on?

No? Well then, what can we do to broaden their minds and help them understand that less-visible guys are worthy of their attention? Why is it the arrogant j-erks just soak up all the attention like a sponge, with nothing left for anyone else?

Passive

Well I'm 19 years old, iv never had a gf in my whole life. To be honest i am scared of love and what it might do to me so i am glad i am single yet at the same time i feel alone and sad and like i dont belong. But all i can say is dont date online be yourself and get out there trust me its hard but its safer than online and it builds a sort of trust right away. :)

thegunners21

Well, college should give you lots of opportunities. Don't make the same mistake as I did. Try to get involved as much as you can in the first year. I wasted my college years, I hope you don't either.

Silatuyok

But any beautiful girls looking for decent-looking guys that can barely handle their studies, lack confidence, avoid crowds, and so on?

No? Well then, what can we do to broaden their minds and help them understand that less-visible guys are worthy of their attention? Why is it the arrogant j-erks just soak up all the attention like a sponge, with nothing left for anyone else?

Oh, lol. I thought you meant you were looking for young, beautiful, smart guys.

Bronson99

So you get a lot of attention after all ::p:

I sometimes wear the "arrogant mask" online, true, because I have no way to indulge my ego in meatspace... so my outlet for that is online. Sometimes it does give me some attention, but not usually the kind I'm looking for.

Actually it does not matter what mask I wear online, girls hate me no matter what.

In real life I cannot wear any mask, I can only be myself, which is unable to socialize in groups, shy and unsure what to say, awkward, low confidence, bland clothing because "dressing up" does not fit my personality, and so on. If ever any beautiful girl likes this kind of thing, go ahead and direct her to me, I don't even need a date from her, just adequate proof that she actually likes guys like that.. that's all I need. Should adequate proof of this be established, I'll pay you--the referrer--at least $500 US dollars.

I expect I will never make any pay-outs, though. You could search through all the ends of the earth, and I doubt adequate proof of the kind I seek will EVER be found.

awkwardamanda

Are the beautiful girls specifically looking for that? Maybe not. Would they be ruling it out? Not necessarily. I'm a decent-looking girl who could barely handle my studies, lacks confidence and avoids crowds. I need a shy guy. I am definitely not interested in an arrogant j-erk. Trouble is, by definition, shy and unsociable people are less likely to ever even meet each other, let alone get to know each other. I'm well aware that the guys I'd be most interested in dating are likely sitting at home in front of their computers, just like I am.

PS: This non-swear swear filter really sucks.

Last edited:
Are the beautiful girls specifically looking for that? Maybe not. Would they be ruling it out? Not necessarily. I'm a decent-looking girl who could barely handle my studies, lacks confidence and avoids crowds. I need a shy guy. I am definitely not interested in an arrogant j-erk. Trouble is, by definition, shy and unsociable people are less likely to ever even meet each other, let alone get to know each other. I'm well aware that the guys I'd be most interested in dating are likely sitting at home in front of their computers, just like I am.

PS: This non-swear swear filter really sucks.

Wow, I'm in front of my laptop as we speak :thinking: lol

HexNoir

I read somewhere that a lot of people (even celebrities) make up a sort of character in their mind (not the delusional sort) in order to hide their emotions and get a quick confidence boost. Probably doesn't work all the time, but I could see using techniques like this to break the ice with a new girl.

I've done this plenty of times... when someone doesn't know you yet, it's kind of easy to put on a good show if you just think about it a little differently. Also, good luck :)