Dating Question

Oizys

So I haven't dated anybody in 2 or 3 years, frankly I don't remember when I broke up with my last girlfriend, but something that's bothered me for years that I'd only realised when I stopped dating was that I seem to attracts two kinds of people - people I wouldn't date, and people I find incredibly attractive but they're horrible people (selfish, dishonest etc). I always wind up dating people I wouldn't date because I feel I'll never do better, that these people are the only ones that seem to be interested in me, so why not.

Am I alone with this problem?

paintedblue

I always wind up dating people I wouldn't date because I feel I'll never do better, that these people are the only ones that seem to be interested in me, so why not.

Am I alone with this problem?

You date people you wouldn't date? ...so you do date them? Or you mean people you don't find attractive at all but you still date them because that's all you get? well whats wrong with those people are they also selfish/dishonest etc?

Oizys

That's what I mean, I wouldn't usually date them but I do anyway, like eating a meal you don't enjoy but you're hungry and that's all that's on offer. And no, they're not selfish and dishonest, we just have very little in common, I'm not attracted to them, both physical and personality, and so on.

My point is, do other people date people they're not interested in because they feel they won't do better.

MikeyC

If you're dating people you're not interested in in the first place, please stop doing that. You're going to left completely unfulfilled and you might end up breaking her heart in the long run.

Oizys

I have stopped, I haven't dated in 2-3 years. I just wanted to know if it's something somebody else had a problem with.

paintedblue

My point is, do other people date people they're not interested in because they feel they won't do better.

Yes i've done it before. Its a low self esteem thing, a take what you can get sort of situation. What bothers me personally about this situation is that I know I can do better. People tell me, even dates i was with who felt I shouldn't be with them, that i should be with someone more attractive. Damn my low self esteem:kickingmyself:

Fighter86

That's what I mean, I wouldn't usually date them but I do anyway, like eating a meal you don't enjoy but you're hungry and that's all that's on offer. And no, they're not selfish and dishonest, we just have very little in common, I'm not attracted to them, both physical and personality, and so on.

I go out with anyone who asks me out at least once, since I am quite lonely and desperately need companionship. I don't mind compromising even if we have different interests, the key is companionship I guess. Having said that, people lose interest in me very quickly, sometimes my date stops asking to hang out after just a few outings, probably because they find me boring and one demensional. Another problem is I always seem to always attract the sleazy ones, never the nice sincere people. Further, I am too shy to ask anyone out as well. This pretty much narrows things down much I guess.

Last edited: