Cured myself completely!

Infected_Malignity

haven't posted here in so long, what's up my niggas? i have the best ****ing news in the world. and yes, it affects you if you've ever had problems with social anxiety or phobia or whatever new term they've coined these days to describe my former mental HELL. if you're dealing with this, i'd like to share with you that i'm 100% over this bullshit and onto better things. on top of it all, it's cost me $0.00, hasn't involved one single doctor, and NO MEDICINE HAS ENTERED MY BODY! i guess being strongly opposed to those various poisons and keeping an open mind has really given me the power to kill the mind trap we call social phobia. also, it always helps to have a supportive family/girlfriend/soulmate etc, etc.

anyway i don't wanna drag. i just wanted to be somebody's inspiration, i've been cured for probably a good year now and i ain't looking back. i've got my own secrets/tips but i've learned not everyone really wants to know or cares how i did it. cause we all have our own ways. it's up to you to find yours. keep up the fight, say positive, and let the good energy flow. you're gonna get through this.

<3 <3 <3

-Ian

kuhtreen

I want to know how you did it though. Can you share, or do you not want to?
And congratulations, by the way. This kinda made me want to cry because it shows that there is hope. :) You deserve this new life, and you are so worthy of the fulfilling life that you have now! Have fun with your freedom!

klytus

I agree with 'kuhtreen' - share the wisdom. You aren't very inspiring this way, as it is quite unclear what you exactly did to cure yourself. Whatever it was, though, congratulations. Perhaps I envy you.

Infected_Malignity

nah man, it's not about luck! and as far as inspiration goes, i know this site isn't real fond of getting their hopes up... but come on, healing has to start somewhere.

for those that want to know how, it was so simple for me that i still can't believe it worked. i just get absorbed in relaxation. i used to feel so tense all the time until i actually set time aside specifically for relaxation. i also quit caffeine (for the time being) because i knew this was making me all shaken up on the inside. and oddly enough, i can now socialize normally with caffeine flowing full force through my veins (i just got back on coffee recently as a way of checking to see if i was really cured or not)!

it probably took me a good 8 consecutive months of chipping away slowly and slowly at pushing myself into the real world at the age of 19 to do this, but now at almost 20 i think i finally achieved something big by doing a lot of really small shit. now i look at is more as a blessing than a curse, cause i feel strong, safe and secure. nothing beats that, for real.

but all the corny details aside, of course there's hope. everybody changes and gets shaped every day of their lives... start small and stay at it. it'll turn out bigger than you'd imagined.

tommydog

Infected Malignety, first of all, congratulations. Im happy for you. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

If you want to elaborate on your relaxation techniques id like to hear it. What like meditating ?

recluse

Congratulations...But i am a bit sceptical, i mean how can you just be suddenly free like that? Maybe i'm too negative but i can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, i can see myself dying old and alone with this disorder.

I just wish someone would invent a transplant which cured it then life would be so much easier.

klytus

I can see myself dying old and alone with this disorder.
You likely will, just like most of us. This is being realistic, not necessarily negative -- I wonder if a condition that 'easily' cured, even if it took a certain amount of time, could be called pathologic. Perhaps you, Infected_Malignity, are extraordinarily strong, but then I ask myself how you got into the mental mess at all. Many diagnosed SAers don't get much better with both therapy / counselling and medication. And even if they do, most will never feel as free and unconcerned as the mainstream population seems to feel.

tommydog

Lifes not complicated its simple, I really beleive that. Hard things become easy if your approaching the problem the right way, work smart not hard ... And I bet it applies to this aswell ... just still waiting for the right light to go off thats all

Infected_Malignity

it's definitely not about being strong, it's about being open to change really. most of you guys are going to cure yourselves and i truly believe that in my heart. i was pretty much born overly shy, used to isolate myself and lived in a state of mental hell for 19 straight years. also, i'm not 'suddenly free' as it took me close to a year to do it. doesn't sound like a long time, but it is when you're dead-set on curing something awful.

relaxation techniques can vary from having a beer with some friends to shrugging off all your tension at the end of the day in a hot bath. i also realized through being what they call 'highly sensitive' (i still laugh at the term) that assholes don't mean to be assholes and getting your feelings hurt in a social situation really doesn't end your life! it's half in the body (breathing, etc) and half in the mind, being able to clear the clouding and shrug shit off.

i really just accepted being sensitive and always caring for people, even if they don't always feel compassion for me. part of that made my whole entire aura feel different. even my bro has told me that recently i;m a "totally different person" because i can laugh, kick back & have a good time, and love meeting/mingling with new people. something i never thought i'd do really! haha

but as for the skeptics, you're entitled to feel however you want about all of this. i can't change everyone's mind but i definitely wanted to update the site on the vast possibilities of life and it's many potential directions. the way i feel inside is something i want everyone to feel, cause it;s the best natural high out there for a former sufferer of anxiety.

Last edited:
You likely will, just like most of us. This is being realistic, not necessarily negative -- I wonder if a condition that 'easily' cured, even if it took a certain amount of time, could be called pathologic. Perhaps you, Infected_Malignity, are extraordinarily strong, but then I ask myself how you got into the mental mess at all. Many diagnosed SAers don't get much better with both therapy / counselling and medication. And even if they do, most will never feel as free and unconcerned as the mainstream population seems to feel.

Actually, there's no cure for any mental illness, just treatment. The point of treating your generalized social phobia isn't to get rid of anxiety or shyness completely, it is to reduce the severity of generalized social phobia to a point where you can establish meaningful relationships and have a career.

As for SAers not getting better with therapy, it's best to keep in mind that not everyone gets the best treatment. The most common mental health professional people seek is usually a clinical social worker with a psychiatrist. While the latter is good for meds, when it comes to psychotherapy, the former isn't really the best compared to a Clinical Psychologist specialized in anxiety disorders and phobias. Unfortunately, the latter is very expensive.

Felicidad

Congratulations! I´m working on relaxation exercises now and my phychologist said that this is the most important point in therapy. I hope I´ll be lucky.

Illusions

Congrats on overcoming SA, your story made me feel hopeful. I think I might be on my way to recovery. It's a long and tough journey ahead but I'm going to do whatever I can. :)

avocado

Ha ha. Quitting caffeine and relaxation. If this could cure aspergers would be good. (Btw. I don´t drink coffee). I think people on this forum are very different, with different symptoms which are thrown in one bag as SA. I think if someone has just fears and anxiety, it could be overcome. For example when I was in my teens, even twenties I was afraid to speak in the shop in front of the people. Now I say freely what I want. Same with other things. But otherwise I am totally ****ed up. If I should get rid of that ****ing autism, I would have to cut myself in pieces. My body and mind is just inherently wrong, I was born as a trash retard. All I can do is ACT.

You're a person. That makes you a beautiful and worthy. You were not born as a trash retard. Please don't let your A.S. control your life.