Cured by vitamin B6- Read this PLEASE

tanyamarie

ok for some reason i dont know if i am low on vitamin b because anytime i eat something with alot of vitamins or when i take a vitamin i either get dizzy or my anxiety starts to bother me n i dont kno y

dzerklis

it doesnt work for me, i took b complex vitamins and zink and magnesium yesterday and felt like drunk most of the day, my head ached a little too. This morning i took again and feel even worse, all symptoms are intensified :evil:

tanyamarie

oo wow so the vitamins made u worse why dont you stop taking them that is what i wood if they made me feel worse than what i alredy do.

dzerklis

tanyamarie said:
oo wow so the vitamins made u worse why dont you stop taking them that is what i wood if they made me feel worse than what i alredy do.

great idea! thank you very much, i dont know what id do if didnt get this advice lol

tanyamarie

well im just sayin ur complaining about it durrrrr stop them that is not my fault u made a dum comment so thats why i gave you a dum suggestion lol lol lol

dzerklis

tanyamarie said:
well im just sayin ur complaining about it durrrrr stop them that is not my fault u made a dum comment so thats why i gave you a dum suggestion lol lol lol

thanks you helped to raise my esteem a lot yeee yeeeeee im posting dum comments im a dummie dumm baaa

exuser01

I read Niacin was suppose to cure me. I would take a large dose everyday and toughen out the flush. All it really did was wear me out, the flush that is.

Oli025

When you want the top of the line in terms of any product/vitamine/natural stuff to test if it works for you without wondering if the product
might actually work but you might have a poor quality version,
go first buy and test the products at vpnutrition.com

Yes, they will be more expensive than most places but
at least youll know if the stuff can work for you.If it doesnt
with their products, forget about trying another brand as it simply
wont work ever.

On the other hand, if it works with vp nutrtion brand, you may then
try cheaper brands(and quality) and see if you still get results.

any health problem i ever test(which is not often starts with vpnutrition.com
cause if the best dont do a thing, then i just drop the idea and look elsewhere.

hope this helps

Olivier

Morgs

I alwasys had zinc and b vitiman deficancy, maby there is some kind of conection.

I am going to see a doctor on monday so i will ask about

Nie

I think those Vitamins & Minerals won't cure anyone's SA, and if they do help, it will be due to the placebo effect.

Don't waste your money on vitamin b6 unless you have a proven deficiency/resorption difficulties, eat a lot of protein/aminos or believe in the power of imagination. I can imagine even bananas and cocoa are more effective against anxiety for me than b6.
If you wanna try nonetheless I'd take the active form of b6, pyridoxal5phosphate.
Though that did not nothing, zero for me as well as pyridoxine hydrochloride.
Enough vitamins in your nutrition except you can't resorb them.
Mya but I'm never against alternative ways..

Edit:

catherine said:
Take about 4 times the recommended daily allowance, and see if it works for you.
It is safe and you cant overdose b/c it is water soluble.
If I'm not wrong, a chronic intake of more than 500mg every day can lead to neurotoxicity and photosensitivity. Overall b6 is only slightly toxic, but I think you can overdose almost everything. Personally I wouldn't take more than 10-30mg daily..

hannahd

Banned
Although I have not cured my social anxiety in any shape or form,
I have adjusted my diet drastically and as a result I feel really happy despite my problems. My diet makes me feel quite euphoric at times for no reason at all!

Two years ago I decided to remove dairy from my diet, after reading about casein causing problems with autistic people. I thought this might help with my social anxiety. But while it hasn't helped me with my SAD, it certainly has helped with my OCD. I was plagued with obsessive thoughts about germs, but now it's virtually disappeared altogether.

Of course, it might not be down to dairy-intolerance alone. By omitting milk, I've had to give up cakes and chocolate, so I've also cut down on sugar, and of course I will have reduced consumption of additives and colourings.

It might not be so much down to removing foods, but adding them. I now eat almost exclusively fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, pulses, and oily fish, and drink lots of water, so of course my body is much healthier than it was. It follows that my brain is getting more nutrients, and so the neurotransmitters are probably functioning a lot better as a result.

I have noticed that when I have sugar, my bad moods come back and I start to feel anxious again. The only reason I am on this site now is because I had some sugar the other day, and I started worrying about the future again, and started thinking about my communication problem.

Most days, I hardly even think about it as I am happy with my own company. It's all I have ever known.

Other things I have done which have no doubt helped are cutting out caffeine. I only had one cup of tea a day before, but even so I can't have that any more as it makes me hyper and I can't get to sleep.

Three or four years ago, I was going to sleep at 2 every morning and getting up at midday.

Now I rise at 7 and go to bed at about half ten, and never have trouble sleeping.

I feel wonderful when I wake up, and I can't wait to start the day.

I also walk to town every few days or so, and this makes an incredible difference. It makes me feel so calm and joyful. I don't have to walk very fast to feel its effects, just normal moderate walking about 30 mins there and back.

Obviously everybody is different and it won't work for everybody, but I just thought I'd let people know how I cope.

Here is a summary of what I have done:

1. Cut out dairy, including chocolate, cakes
2. Cut down significantly on sugar
3. Eat only wholegrains, no refined flours, or white rice
4. Cut out caffeine
5. Have no hydrogenated fats as they block uptake of essential fats
6. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg every day.
7. Start the morning with a big bowl of porridge made with water and oats always with chopped banana, sultanas, apple, and nuts
8. Take a 1000mg fish oil supplement for the omega-3 fatty acids
9. Get up as soon as you wake. Don't go back to sleep again as this makes you feel sluggish.
10. Go to bed at a reasonable hour.
11. Don't just watch telly for hours. Read, or do something mentally challenging as this really puts me in a good mood, unlike the TV which just makes my brain feel dull.
12. Exercise. Whether it's moderate like walking or vigorous. There's nothing like exercise to boost endorphins in the brain. It really does work!

drewcarey

I'll be the guinea pig

I started a course of B complex 2 days ago and today added inisitol to that. I'll do the whole batch that I've bought (should last a month) and then give an honest report on whether there are NOTICABLE differences.

savage_beagle

:) Hello. I agree with Hannah! I did almost exactly as she did, except i took a lot of herb and vitamin supplements, and still do ( twice a day). I mentioned this to a lot of people, how diet and nutrition affects your body and MIND. Everybody reacts differently to various treatments, foods, medicines, etc. Before hitting rock bottom and dragging yourself to your doctor for mind altering drugs, try what hannah and myself are doing....and give it a real effort and 2-3 months before you gradually see the im provements. If you seem to improve, stick with a plan and dont waver. Good luck to everyone.

drewcarey

I 'm taking the following per day:
B6 50 mg
B5 46mg
inositol 3g

(all within RDA)

If I don't feel a noticable difference I will up the dosage signifigantly. If after upping the dosage I still feel no difference I will quit. Either way I'll post back here so anyone can see the results (the results it had on me that is - may effect others differently).

drewcarey

I promised to give an update after a month on B supplements and inisotol.
Well that was 2 weeks ago so here is a "half way" update.

I must say that I DO feel an improvement. To be honest though the biggest improvement is in my skin. I discovered that medication I had been on for years for my stomach (a strong antacid type thing) stops you from absorbing vitamin B12 so I added another supplement of B12 even though it is part of the B complex supplements I'm on.

My skin used to be VERY dry and that seems to be changing. My SP seems to be reducing as well - I will report back on this after the month up as it is not as easy to measure as something you can look at like skin.

I wonder how many people with heartburn/digestion issues have SP. When vitamin B12 is not being absorbed properly it leads to depression (this has been proven by removing B12 from diets to see the effects). A lack of B6 also leads to depression. As we know depression and SP are linked as they are both "cured" by taking the same AD drugs.

Anyone else out there with SP that has heartburn/digestion issues ?