Cured by vitamin B6- Read this PLEASE

Anonymous

Hi there!
I suffered from this disorder for a very long period of time. Then trie vitamin B6 and now I am as confident as the next person. I promise. I t changed my self consciousness completely.
Take about 4 times the recommended daily allowance, and see if it works for you.
It is safe and you cant overdose b/c it is water soluble.
Please, please let me know if it works for you, as it would help me to help other people.
Good luck!
xxx

Anonymous

reply re vit B6

Hi there ,
You can get it in any chemist, in the vitamin section. I hope you have some luck. Let me know please.
C

Anonymous

more on nutrition

Hi!
Just to elaborate on the last message I posted. Well, I had social phobia for years and I believe that its a mixture of life experience and also, physical pre-disposition that caused me to develop this condition.
My brother is a diagnosed schizophrenic and I believe that I have some schizoid qualities, such as paranoia.
After reading up on his condition, and trying things to alleviate his symptoms, I discovered a lot of useful information, which I applied to myself.
Maybe some of the people reading this will benefit. I hop so.
Well, vit B6 and zinc deficiency is a common cause of schizoid behaviour. Read up on pyrroluria if more information is required.
Taking supplements of these helped me greatly. Also, I take a b-complex vitamin and about one third of the recommended daily dose of magnesium- too much and hunger pangs set in!
Signs of zinc deficiency include white flecks on the nails, stretch marks, dry skin-eczema or even acne.
So, I know there is no fast and sure cure but hopefully it might help somebody!
Feedback would be very much appreciated!
c
x

Anonymous

oops- made a mistake in the last one

Hey
Oops - just realised I made a mistake on the last one.
Meant to say that you should take a magnesium supplement with the b -vitamins so here is a proposed regimen
b-complex vitamin supplement+ half r.d.a of magnesium + 15mg zinc
daily.
rem to take zinc after food.
g'luck

Mooncalf

Who wants to be as confident as the next person? The world is full of over-confident, arragent, simpletons, and if being "cured" means becoming like the rest of the world, then no thank you.

Personally I don't think it's something you can "cure" by drugs. Most social phobics are socially phobic because of what they've seen, or things that have happened to them in their past. Is it abnormal for not wanting to mix with the rest of the world, when the rest of the world is killing eachother, thieving from eachother and using eachother at every chance they get?

I say we are the normal ones. I say it's natural to become afraid of the world when the world treats you like dog's crap. The sooner people realise this, the sooner we will accept ourselves, and learn to live with our fears rather than trying to cure them with drugs.

You are all normal, it's the world who is crazy.

richkid

Like your approach, what is normal?

Unanswerable to some extent, many people aim is not to conform, me included, everyones different, I haven't readily excepted my uniquness, i don't want to be like anyone but myself. I want to seek happiness through knowing who I am.

But not by changing me but my approach to life, my lifestyle, my thoughts everything. Not looking for miricales but want to feel better bout meself.

A person can change the world if they execpt everything about them selfs and can see potential in others. Search for personnal goals and create public ones.

Two facts in life you get busy living or get busy dieing you have a choice.

Hi Catherine, I think that I will not loose anything if I try it, and last night I bought vitamin B complex from "members mark" at SAM´s. It contains vitamin B1, B2, Niacin, vitamin B6, Folic acid, vitamin B12, Biotin, and Pantothenic acid. That is the one that I found.
It says that it has to be taken once a day along with a full glass of water. I took 2 last night, and 2 today after lunch. But I noticed that I pea very yellow. I will let you know if I have any results, ok?

Anonymous

hi there !
just take one a day and maybe a half a magnesium/ calcium supplement or just a calcium supplement.
but dont forget the zinc. take about 30mg a day.
it is very important that you take the zinc.
good luck
let me know how you get on.
x

Anonymous

zinc is v. nb

Hi there!
Sorry about this but recently discovered that it was more the zinc that helped me to overcome this problem. when i omitted it for a few days, found myself relapsing significantly, so i recommend 30 mg zinc after meals and hope that it might help somebody somewhere.
also take the rda of the b vitamins and calcium and possibly magnesium( do not overdo) supplement. just 30% of rda of calcium should be okay.
g luck
x

catherine

vit b3

holford recommends vitamin b3 supplement and vit b12, with zinc, and vit b6 ( depending if you need it or not- maybe omit it for the first while, except the dosage in the b-complex) also, a folic acid supplement
its a fabulous book- read it!

Anonymous

catherine said:
Hi there!
I suffered from this disorder for a very long period of time. Then trie vitamin B6 and now I am as confident as the next person. I promise. I t changed my self consciousness completely.
Take about 4 times the recommended daily allowance, and see if it works for you.
It is safe and you cant overdose b/c it is water soluble.
Please, please let me know if it works for you, as it would help me to help other people.
Good luck!
xxx

Catherine,

Congratulations on your recovery! You should share your story far and wide (even create your won web page and promote it on the Internet --get it listed with the Open Directory Project that lists helpful websites with all the big search engines for free).

Only one concern. Never take one B vitamin alone-- it will deplete the others. If you try B6, be sure to take all the other B vitamins with it (any B vitamin taken alone depletes others, BUT if all B vitamins are taken together there is no problem).

Best of luck and I hope people try Catherines' approach!

Phil M

Anonymous

Also-- Magnesium taken without calcium will deplete your bodies calcium.

To prevent this always take twice as much calcium as magnesium (if you take 500mg magnesium, take 1,000 milligrams of Calcium).

By the way it's very hard to overdose on calcium or magnesium.

**The best, most highly absorbable form of calcium/magnesium is Marine Coral Calcium (mined from dead coral from under the sea).

Make sure it's from a company that certifies it's coral calsium to be cleaned of all heavy metals.

HTN (Health Through Nutrition) Coral Calcium is the cleanest brand and is Lab certified.

**I have no financial interest in these statements.

Marine Coral Calcium (not fossilized) is almost 50% magnesium and this form of magnesium (and calcium) absorb 5 times better than other forms f magnesium and calcium.

Catherine-- I really hope you make a web page about your story and them enter it with the Open Directory Project. This project is free and they will list your website with all the biggest search engines for free if they think your website is really helpful.

Best of luck and good work!!

Phil M

Someday

Good info Phil. I just wish I would have read your post before I purchased Bio Zinc. It includes B-6 which is suppose to aid in digestion of zinc.
I am also taking Barefoot Coral Calcium Plus and I have to wonder if this is a good brand??

Well I guess I'll try Vitamin B Complex. I'll just have a bunch of pills to take.

I used to think vitamins were for the old! ha. Well I am 28. Probably older than most here. I think.

Anonymous

I'm also trying the vitamin supplementation

Hi all, how are you? I have been suffering from mild social anxiety as well so I know how u all feel. I'm reading alot on the vitamin supplementation topic.
The other day I took magnesium for a week, and the last day I had heart palpitations. I think Magnesium (in my case) depleted the calcium in my body. I'm so glad Catherine got better, Bless the lord! I'm so happy for you and I hope all of us here sufffering from this can overcome it.....
I'm starting vitamin and mineral supplemention and I'll let you know my progress..
These websites had great info:
http://chetday.com/vitaminbdeficien...complete listing of supplements for anxiety. http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedies/Anxiety/anx_vitamin_therapy.htm

If anyone's interested, I'm 22 years old, from NYC.
:)
God bless you all... and keep in touch.
:) :lol: [/b]

Anonymous

Be careful guys...

Hi Everybody, how are you?
I want to give you guys some advice. Be careful when taking new supplements, since it might be that your body doesn't need it. I would suggest that if you are starting new supplements to experiment with one at a time.... and start with smallest doses..
I was taking magnesium for a week, then today I took magnesium 450mg and calcium 1000mg. I felt horrible. Three hours later I felt like I was choking, and I couldn't breath. It's been 6 hours since that happened, and I still feel 20% like it's hard to swallow. I'm gonna do some research on this, but I think I don't need to take magnesium and calcium, and since I don't have this defficiency, my body reacted negatively.
I'm doing okay, I'm breathing well, and relaxing.
Just be careful and start with small doses.
God Bless you,
p.s. I'm gonna continue with my other supple. but take out calcium and mag.
Mayra.

Anonymous

warning

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know to be careful when taking any supplements. consult a doctor. I had a bad experience with side effects to supplements. They do happen.
Take care.
Mayra.

Anonymous

I'm already taking a whole bunch of supplements including GinkioBiloba, L tyrosine, Lysine, ginseng, calcium pills, an antiobscessive antidepressant (effexor) and trazodone to sleep. I'll get the sink and I didn't quite understand if I should just take B3 or one that has all kinds of B. Then I have to also take magnesium? and twice as much calcium?. I'll get the sink for sure now. Will that be ok?
Thanks for the information. Celia

Someday

Well here's an update since I have been taking Vitamin B Complex.
I am feeling a lot better! I ran out of cal/mag this week. But I am taking 2 Vit B Complex and 2 Bio Zinc pills which includes an additional B-6 (20mg). The B-complex contains 100mg of B-6 also as well as a lot of the B's.

I am not saying I am totally anxiety free. But at least I can drive down the road without feeling so tense. I can sit down at break and feel a lot more comfortable.

I am also trying to stay focused on any negative thoughts I think. Not always easy. But I am working on it.

It's been 2 weeks i have taken the zinc and one week for the b-complex.
After I finish the zinc, I am going to stick with b-complex and cal/mag supplements just to see if i really need the zinc.

I am very pleased and so glad that I tried this. I also strongly believe that what your body is lacking in vitamins and minerals or even amino acids greatly affects your mental and physical well being.