Cured by vitamin B6- Read this PLEASE

Someday

I take Vitamin B Complex and Zinc twice a day. When I get more Calcium/Magnesium I will take these twcie a day also. That's what I started with. See if it makes a difference for you. You can always take them 3 times a day. Cause there are days I'll take them 3 times. Once in the morning, at lunch, then in the evening.

I avoid caffeine as much as possible. I didn't on Sat and felt horrible on Sunday. But Im making my way back to feeling better. I heard that caffeine really robs the body of calcium.

ella

Thank you!I started with the pills that contais all the vits and min mat. + b complex.Although I feel fine for last couple of years, my nerves are allways tensed, so I thought - what the hell, it cant hurt!By the way, the links mchica 04 suggested are great!Thanks!And, oh yes, Someday, I`m also 28 :D

Jess333

Catherine you're not a doctor and I would be really careful about getting people to run out and start taking vitamins.

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL**

Jess333

Vitamin b6 has good neural protection. Doctors use this vitamin for alzheimer's disease and older patients.

But I highly doubt it cures cures social anxiety.

Green

Hmmmmmm

That sounds good, but I think I'll rely more on therapy for a recovery, so I don't have to take drugs for long. Then if I don't have relapses I'll know I'm alright.

Jess333

Re: Hmmmmmm

Smart move. As with a lot of things, the easy way out usually backfires on you in some fashion.

But hey..look in to it, check with your doctor. My partner is a doctor and she said that they use Vitamin B6 for neural protection in particular patients. So it wouldn't hurt taking this vitamin in small doses, but, in my opinion, gobbling down hoards of vitamin b6 is not going to cure social phobia. I honestly think social phobia is created by the person who has the "SP" feelings. Therefore, it can be overcome by the creator. Take it from someone who has done the footwork of overcomming SP. And i'm not lucky, God, don't call me lucky, or that I never felt SP, I soo resent that. I spent 8 years researching and analyzing myself, agonizing, crying, thinking of ending my suffering, my life, I was a prisoner of my own mind. It wasn't luck folks. It was pure desire to be alive and happy. And now I finally am starting to feel some peace. Thank God, thank me, thank everything.

But, as a general rule, vitamins are good for you! Just not in bucket loads. MODERATION IS THE KEY**

Green said:
That sounds good, but I think I'll rely more on therapy for a recovery, so I don't have to take drugs for long. Then if I don't have relapses I'll know I'm alright.

MarCPatt

Research is the key

:idea: I agree with you jess333. All the information about taking vitamin b supplements sounds really propitious. But a lot of times what seems too good to be true is usually not so good. It is probably in everyone’s best interest to research everything they are going to be putting into their bodies and talking to their general practitioners or other experts before taking anything. We all want to overcome our problem, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Yes, I do not think that there is such a thing as a magic pill.

Anonymous

hmm....why am I skeptic? Ventwarning

That vitamins should cure SP sounds highly questionable. To those who recommend it : for exactly how long have you been taking them? Time and time againg I see people claim that their SP is over, kaput & gone forever. After maybe 1 or 2 bloody weeks of treatment!!! Well. The day that 6 months have gone by without SP as a direct result of a certain treatment I am interested. Not before that. Its the longtime results that counts. Not some bloody revelation!!!! The topicstarter is clearly still experimenting as she states later that it wasnt B6 or whatever but magnesium that helped her. She hasn't returned. I take it that her treatment wasn't as wonderous after all.
This isn't meant to be a dont-tell-of-progress statement. But I am educated in science. In science you do not claim anything before a certain time has gone by and you still get the same results. Doing otherwise is dumb 'cause it backfires more often than not. In this case it could possibly harm people.
If the topicstarter has been doing vitamins for 6-12 months and it still works....well I stand corrected. And its absolutely great. But I doubt that to be the case.
My advice :
If you come up with a miracle treatment that has been working for 2 weeks : shut up. keep it under wraps. Make certain. I dont care if its indian rituals, hypnosis, cbt or vitamins (I tried the first 3. Waste of money).
If on the other hand is seems to be working for a prolonged period of time with gradual improvements or instant relief well, by all means SPILL YOUR BEANS!!!!!
Rant over. Venting finished.
Take care.

Anonymous

ok I'll tell u all something

ok, firstly all of u need to go to Kelly's St John's Wort forum. This place doesn't only talk about the excellent herb that is sjw but also suggests many other different treatments for anxiety, depression and any other disease related. Now, as for the taking of vitamins to cure social anxiety, they are effective when taken in large amounts and they will provide some relief from ur symptoms, however talking from experience I can say that in most cases they only provide short term relief and need to be taken with other treatments. Kelly's forum can provide u with more info, however personally I take a zinc complex, a b complex, st johns wort and another herb which is great for social anxiety called "gotu kola".( plus I exercise daily and drink lots of water)

matt

B-6

Can anyone tell me what dose of B-6; 3 times the recommended daily allowance? I have read about B-6 as a natural supplement and I think I recall that the literature stated 3 times the recommeded daily allowance but to also take it with a B-complex. Any info would be appreciated.

I read another reply that stated that he didn't want to be confident as the next person. I agree with that sentiment except that my SP is keeping me from achieving more - i.e. making more money. In USA everyhting is about money - otherwise you can live poor and be always be under the power of the confident and rich. If not for money I wouldn't worry about my SP so much.

Matt

Anonymous

B Rich Foods-
Whole grains, Soy, miso, tempeh, fish, eggs

Calcium Foods-
yogurt, soy, eggs, goat milk, canned salmon with bones, sardines with bones, broccoli, spinach

Zinc Foods-
eggs, legumes

Hi everyone ...

This forum is getting a bit long - Can anyone repeat the amounts of Vitamin B7, Mg, Zn, etc needed to help this condition that Catherine suggests (i'm not sure how much zinc, calcium, magnesium and folic acid to take daily)...

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks,

Richard

I started taking Magnesium as well as the Vit B Complex that I started yesterday.

The first 100mg tablet i took this morning, the second just 10 minutes before I wrote this message (200mg in all) and now I am getting heart palpitations just like mchica04 did...

I think its because the magnesium is depleting my body from calcium but after hearing what happened to mchica04 I dont even want to start thinking about going there.

Magnesium isnt safe .... be careful when taking it in high doses - stay on RDA of Zinc and maybe double or triple the Vitamin B Complex...

By the way, I haven't noticed any changed in anxiety since I started the Vitamin B supplements yesterday - maybe its too early but I am starting to think this isnt going to have an effect at all. Anyway, we'll see...

Thanks for reading,

Richard

Anonymous

B6 and B12

Someday said:
Good info Phil. I just wish I would have read your post before I purchased Bio Zinc. It includes B-6 which is suppose to aid in digestion of zinc.
I am also taking Barefoot Coral Calcium Plus and I have to wonder if this is a good brand??

Well I guess I'll try Vitamin B Complex. I'll just have a bunch of pills to take.

I used to think vitamins were for the old! ha. Well I am 28. Probably older than most here. I think.

I hope you know what you're doing here. I had been on B6 and B12 for a year and I find that they are addictive. A day without B6 and B12 are worse than before.

Anonymous

Vitamins

I think it's great that your feeling a lot more confident catherine, I wish you all the best, I'm always interested to see posts that link nutrition to social anxiety. I do though believe full heartedly that the majority, if not all of people who experience social anxiety, are experiencing it because of the way they think.

I think poor levels nutrition and exercise do compound the issue though, I've now overcome my difficulties with social anxiety, and part of feeling good again was to make major improvements to my health, I found I felt so much more able to cope with everything and make progress when I was feeling healthy. Cutting out sugary and dairy products from my diet and eating lots of fresh veggies and salads helped a lot. Let me stress though that these changes did not stop my social anxiety, they helped me have the energy and well being to overcome my challenges.

There is a lot of talk in this thread about supplements and dosages, and correct me if I wrong, but I though a few people thought that they were drugs, they are not, vitamins and minerals are vital for us to stay alive and are found in the food we eat, with the exception of st. john wart which is a natural drug and not a vitamin.

You can get all the vitamins and minerals you need by eating a healthy balanced diet (what this is though is open to discussion, it definitely involves lots of vegetables though), a lot of todays processed food are nutrient deficient so a lot of people don't get all they need to have good or optimum health, and certain things like cigarette, alcohol and pollutents can inhibit our ability to absorbe nutrients or they cause us to need more or certain things.

It is much better to get these vitamins from foods as the nutrients found in food are more easily absorbed usually, this is how we've evolved to get our daily nutritional intake. As a general rule, eat lots of whole foods (unprocessed foods) such as beans (not baked beans), lentals, fresh vegetables, salads, nuts, seeds, fresh fish and some fresh fruit. Keep hydrated with just water. Stay clear of wheat (particularly white flour), dairy (although it contains a lot of calcium, it has now been proved that milk is a poor provider since the protiens in it leach calium from our bones) , addatives, sugary or salty foods and fried foods. You'll be amazed at the amount of energy a diet like this can give you and how you will have more mental clarity and feel more able to cope with life. Many people have dairy or wheat allergies or intollerances, many suffer and don't knwo why. I found I had a dairy intollerance and my levels of anxiety reduced significantly when I gave it up (my panic attacks stopped), again though, this did not stop my social anxiety and is not a complete answer, overcomming social anxiety means changing how you think, there are no short cuts, it is still possible to overcome SA without changing your lifestyle, but it certainly helps.

Too many B vitamins will make your pee yellow btw, if you do your getting more than you need and your body it removing the excess. There's is no correct dosage for anyone since it depends on what foods your eating and what your body is already abundant or deficient in and what your biology is, we're all different.

Hope this clarifies things,

Nick.

p.s. I'm gradually developing a free resource to help people experience social anxiety live the happy and fulfilling life they want. Goto www.socialanxiety.org.uk , please be patient it will be updated soon, in the mean time, I hope you find www.socialanxiety.org.uk/nomore an interesting read.

Anonymous

Stop peddling cures if you are not an expert

It is dangerous because it gives people false hope.