Crazy World

hidwell

I wish I could live in the year 3000 BC, when people lived in harmony with the earth. Unlike today where it is all rape and pillage, destroy what is sacred just for a few bucks.

MikeyC

People still fought with others in 3000BC, as well. It's just that the media lets us know about this sort of thing more often these days.

Also, welcome to the forum, fellow Aussie. :)

Aletheia

the Golden Age

There was a lot of raping and pillaging in 3000 BC. Probably a lot of making a quick... amber bead or whatever passed for a buck back then too.

Jared Diamond's Collapse is a great book if you want to see how humans throughout history have wrecked their environments, sometimes beyond repair.

I realize I'm not exactly contributing to a positive outlook. But humans are humans.

And welcome to SPW.

Last edited:

Iluv

I'm sure that time was just as if not equally violent. We will never rid of the craziness in this world through past, present & future comings. The world is a cruel place, just survive.

coyote

i doubt i could've survived life in 3000 BC

there would be nowhere for me to plug in my espresso maker

MrJones

The world has been always the same, or even worse, since humans started to "think".
You have to accept the fact that the world is the way it is and you can't change it. Try to be happy with what you have and enjoy your life as long as you can.

Kinetik

As a species, we are slowly evolving and moving into better times, but it's a very long process, one that happens over thousands of years, and there will be a lot of ups-and-downs in the meantime. This positive evolution also has the potential to be ruined by just a handful of people, so let's hope the elite don't spoil it for the rest of us.