Crazy Episode

I have felt depressed today, more than usual. I had an episode a couple of hours ago. My arm started twitching with repeated moment; I sometimes banged my fist on a hand surface. I was repeatedly laughing and talking to myself, one side positive the other chiding and egging me on to kill myself. I got a knife and started pointing and pulling away from me. What happened to me? I’m feeling fine now, I would never go through with it, but what if I could not stop myself? It scares me, am I going crazy?

Danfalc

Banned
I dont think your crazy,i think maybe got to a point where it felt enough is enough and had a bit of a freak out,our brain is a complicated thing and can do weird things when its under lots of stress,which depression and anxiety cause in bucket loads.

As for the twitching thing,i use to get them a bit,i think its just because were so tense and were trying to fight it off the body has to find a way to release the tension.I really think you just had a brief lapse,if your really worried you should maybe speak to a doctor but i think (and hope) you will be ok :)

Thanks Danfalc, I feel a little calmer now, kind of regret posting it. It’s amazing what one beer will do. lol

Danfalc

Banned
Thanks Danfalc, I feel a little calmer now, kind of regret posting it. It’s amazing what one beer will do. lol

Your totaly welcome bud,and its good you posted it,its better sometimes to get stuff off your chest than to sit worrying about it,its what the sites for :) Glad your feeling better though.

Fairy001

Is the twitching in your left arm? I get that, it is adrenaline, fight or flight.

I am glad you are feeling better now, do you use relaxation techniques?

Peace

Is the twitching in your left arm? I get that, it is adrenaline, fight or flight.

I am glad you are feeling better now, do you use relaxation techniques?

Peace

I can't really explain the twitching, it sort of feels like I'm in control, but I'm not.

Fairy001

I think it would be chemicals rushing through your system, relaxation would help. Deep breathing, yoga or simple distraction techniques, films, books, etc.

Peace

I think it would be chemicals rushing through your system, relaxation would help. Deep breathing, yoga or simple distraction techniques, films, books, etc.

Peace

Thanks Fairy001, I downloaded some Tibetan Meditation Music by Nawang Khechog off itunes a couple of days ago. I'm hoping it'll help me.

Ashiene

Banvard, that sounds like an obsessive (thoughts about killing yourself/talking to yourself) compulsive (pointing knife at yourself) disorder, or OCD. It happens to me too, but in my case, I get the urge to hit my head against the wall.

Jodie-Tyler

I agree with all of the above posts. Your not crazy m8

your only crazy if you cant seperate fantasy from reality for a long period of time.