Craniofacial Hyperhidrosis Successfully Treated With Topical Glycopyrrolate

Sprawling

Article:

Craniofacial Hyperhidrosis Successfully Treated With Topical Glycopyrrolate
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/439442

Topical Robinul (glycopyrrolate/ Secure Wipes)
http://www.slu.edu/Documents/SLUCar...structions for Topical Glycopyrrolate Use.pdf

Instructions for Use:
You must order the Secure online from Pharmacy.ca or fill the glycopyrrolate solution prescription at a local compounding pharmacy.
Apply every morning to clean area s being treated (underarms, palms of hands, soles of feet, forehead etc.). Apply a thin coating to the area and then allow it to dry. Leave the solution on through the day and then wash off in the evening.

In the evening you should apply a clinical strength antiperspirant or an aluminum chloride solution/gel, if prescribed, to the affected areas.
Systemic side effects of this topical treatment are extremely rare but could potentially include:
difficulty with urination, confusion, dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision or sandy feeling in the eyes, eye sensitivity to light, increased
bloated feeling, constipation, dry skin, rapid heart beat or potential overheating if you are unable to sweat during heat or exercise.

If topical glycopyrrolate is ineffective or you must discontinue use due to irritation, call to schedule a follow up appointment to discuss other treatment options.

Another source of Glycopyrrolate 1%. Topical Cream. 30gm.
http://www.livingnaturally.com/PDFDocs/6/6ccd55f386a24a96b36431bdfd918511.PDF

Compounding glycopyrrolate solution, glycopyrrolate 1% cream, and glycopyrrolate 1% lotion
http://www.pharmacytimes.com/publications/issue/2009/July2009/Compounding-0709

Another option is to call a compounding pharmacy in your area or search for one online.

Last edited:

HHDisturbed

Hey T. This is what I keep saying. I have been using the wipes for about 6 months now with great success. It has reduced my craniofacial HH by more than 80% with no compensatory sweating. After my morning shower I dry off and apply one 2.5% Secure Topical Wipe to entire face and neck and allow to dry. Just be sure to avoid applying the solution too close to eyes or lips at all costs!

I still sweat a lot when doing heavy manual labor in the heat but it is noticably reduced. It has also significantly reduced my gustatory sweating and night sweats. The side effects I have experienced (like dry mouth & sensitivity to light) are relatively minor and tolerable. I feel so much more relaxed and confident now when I go out to dinner with wife and friends. I am very satisfied and happy with the results.

Thanks again T for sharing the info. If anyone has any questions about using the wipes or would like to know more about my positive experience please feel free to PM me.

Best success to all! :)

HHDisturbed

In the U.S. you need a prescription for glycopyrrolate and to fill the prescription in the U.S. is expensive. If you order online from Canada you do not need a prescription because glyco is considered an "over the counter" medication (like aspirin).

shyguy210

Hey T. This is what I keep saying. I have been using the wipes for about 6 months now with great success. It has reduced my craniofacial HH by more than 80% with no compensatory sweating. After my morning shower I dry off and apply one 2.5% Secure Topical Wipe to entire face and neck and allow to dry. Just be sure to avoid applying the solution too close to eyes or lips at all costs!

I still sweat a lot when doing heavy manual labor in the heat but it is noticably reduced. It has also significantly reduced my gustatory sweating and night sweats. The side effects I have experienced (like dry mouth & sensitivity to light) are relatively minor and tolerable. I feel so much more relaxed and confident now when I go out to dinner with wife and friends. I am very satisfied and happy with the results.

Thanks again T for sharing the info. If anyone has any questions about using the wipes or would like to know more about my positive experience please feel free to PM me.

Best success to all! :)
how would you rate your HH? severe or medium? I would rate mine as severe facial cranio HH... cuz I sweat like crazy when I get a little nervous(yup just a little makes me sweat)...

any idea where we can get glyco in cream/gel format? I have tried secure wipes 2.5%; it seems to work the first time i used it (but not sure as it was not a hot day and I was not very nervous). but 2nd time I tried it... didn't work at all.. no dry mouth and was sweating like crazy :( maybe I should up the dose?

I have the secure wipes for 5-6 months now... do you think it is still effective? I have a wedding next month.