Constantly Fatigued

I don’t know what’s wrong with me, why do I tire so easily? I’m going to make a doctor’s appointment soon, but I’m nervous they will just think I’m lazy or complaining about something that is entirely unimportant. At the end of every day I’m always in pain. My muscles are achy and my shoulders hurt, I don’t think that’s normal. My fingers hurt from writing for only a few minutes, as does playing any sort of videogame. I can hardly stand up in the same position for more than a few minutes without feeling like I am going to pass out, my vision getting staticy, I start to breathe heavily, my heart rate skyrockets and I feel sweaty and start trembling. I can describe it as a similar feeling to a panic attack, only without anything mentally building up to it or hyperventilating, just entirely physical. Yesterday I was just standing waiting for my class to start, and I got so tired and felt as if I was about to faint. I had to just sit down on the concrete, and I absolutely hate doing that when everyone else around is comfortably standing. I’m OK if I can move around, I’ll still get fatigued but not the feeling that I’m going to pass out. I can’t even walk up a flight of stairs without feeling tired. My joints are always hurting too and I’ve had times where they have dislocated (usually it’s the kneecaps), and it’s excruciatingly painful. It always pops back in right away but it still really really hurts. All this has happened to me for so long I am kind of used to it. Whenever I take any kind of pain med or muscle relaxant I notice how amazing it feels to actually NOT be in this general pain, just in a physical sense. I wish I could feel like that all the time. Obviously I can’t rely on those all the time. It’s not severely painful, but it still limits me enough to be a significant problem.

Sorry for making such a long post. I’m just kind of tired of this every single day, it makes everything that much harder, especially when it’s paired with the already torturous anxiety issues. After I come home from school I am so physically exhausted. I have no idea how I could get a job on top of that. I’m also worried because I have to get a job really soon, but I don’t know what I’m physically capable of. Most of those minimum wage jobs take a fair bit of effort, and lots of standing. I can’t sit down and take a break every 15 minutes. I’ll still try to do whatever I can get, but I don’t want to end up embarrassing myself if I can’t last for more than 2 days. I might sound a bit dramatic in describing everything, but I’m just trying to get the point across. Does anyone else have anything like this? Am I just being lazy and have incredibly low stamina? I don’t know if it’s anxiety related or something different entirely…

ImNotMyIllness

I don’t know what’s wrong with me, why do I tire so easily? I’m going to make a doctor’s appointment soon, but I’m nervous they will just think I’m lazy or complaining about something that is entirely unimportant. At the end of every day I’m always in pain. My muscles are achy and my shoulders hurt, I don’t think that’s normal. My fingers hurt from writing for only a few minutes, as does playing any sort of videogame. I can hardly stand up in the same position for more than a few minutes without feeling like I am going to pass out, my vision getting staticy, I start to breathe heavily, my heart rate skyrockets and I feel sweaty and start trembling. I can describe it as a similar feeling to a panic attack, only without anything mentally building up to it or hyperventilating, just entirely physical. Yesterday I was just standing waiting for my class to start, and I got so tired and felt as if I was about to faint. I had to just sit down on the concrete, and I absolutely hate doing that when everyone else around is comfortably standing. I’m OK if I can move around, I’ll still get fatigued but not the feeling that I’m going to pass out. I can’t even walk up a flight of stairs without feeling tired. My joints are always hurting too and I’ve had times where they have dislocated (usually it’s the kneecaps), and it’s excruciatingly painful. It always pops back in right away but it still really really hurts. All this has happened to me for so long I am kind of used to it. Whenever I take any kind of pain med or muscle relaxant I notice how amazing it feels to actually NOT be in this general pain, just in a physical sense. I wish I could feel like that all the time. Obviously I can’t rely on those all the time. It’s not severely painful, but it still limits me enough to be a significant problem.

Sorry for making such a long post. I’m just kind of tired of this every single day, it makes everything that much harder, especially when it’s paired with the already torturous anxiety issues. After I come home from school I am so physically exhausted. I have no idea how I could get a job on top of that. I’m also worried because I have to get a job really soon, but I don’t know what I’m physically capable of. Most of those minimum wage jobs take a fair bit of effort, and lots of standing. I can’t sit down and take a break every 15 minutes. I’ll still try to do whatever I can get, but I don’t want to end up embarrassing myself if I can’t last for more than 2 days. I might sound a bit dramatic in describing everything, but I’m just trying to get the point across. Does anyone else have anything like this? Am I just being lazy and have incredibly low stamina? I don’t know if it’s anxiety related or something different entirely…

You're definitely not lazy! It sounds like you have some underlying medical issue. That coupled with anxiety, (possibly depression) and you would be very tired. I would see a doctor as soon as possible and take some blood tests and have your thyroid checked.

I'm also feeling very tired. I think in my case it's more from depression and losing my passion. I need to find my passion again, get excited and take life by the horns!

MikeyC

It could very well be chronic fatigue. A guy I know has that and needs a special air conditioner at work, because if he gets too hot, it saps all his energy. I would look into that.

It could also be depression, as ImNotMyIllness alluded to. Depression makes you lethargic.

Are you eating well? Improving your diet to low-GI foods is a great way to become more energised.

Sorry you go through such pain, psyche. Hopefully this has helped you. :)

aches

Thank you two for replying, I found these helpful :). I definitely think anxiety and tension has a lot to do with it, but I'm not sure if that's the only thing. I should eat better, but I wouldn't say I eat terribly. Anything to try and help though. I will definitely ask about chronic fatigue, at least once I stop avoiding the doctors. Now I'm also wondering if my muscle aches are a result of my hypermobility, but I'll have to ask before just making assumptions.

SilentBird

I sympathize for you, Psychedelicious. I too feel a lot of tension, it shifts to different parts of my body. I am baffled by it and after months have decided to see a doctor about it. I am waiting for results of a blood test.

I wonder if my lifestyle has contributed to the tension I feel; having my legs cramped under a fold-out table hours on end; using sleeping pills and other psychiatric drugs over a long period of time; bouts of binge drinking. Or has a lifetime of anxiety transformed itself into physical stress?

It hasn't made immobile yet. I still can exercise regularly but not as easily as I could a few years ago. Maybe I'm getting old but I'm only 41.

I hope you can find out what your symptoms mean and that there is a solution. It's bad enough having to deal with extreme emotions, but a whole lot worse to deal with physical problems as well.