Considering your SA condition, if you was an employer will you hire yourself?

moon_x

Im wondering, what quality do you like about yourself? Even if you have SA

Personally, no... I wouldnt hire me.. I just fail at lots of things in life so I wont be able to help. I might hire myself to be a cleaner though... I think I'll be fine with that. Even if I have skills, it doesnt seem to mean much if Im so anxious around people. There is one skill i'm proud of but unless I change the way I am, I dont think that skill will be useful, but I can see it developing and becoming very useful, if only I improve myself.

Sorry this may be a negative question... but I thought it was something to think about :p

Last edited:

Agent_Violet

i think that having a skill you're confident in can really help SA symptoms. confidence is part of being able to be an active member in society so if you have something you're really good at, you'll be comfortable doing it.

i think it's good you have a goal to make yourself better at something.

I personally have many qualities i like about myself. but i can't fully appreciate them bc i was raised that liking yourself means you're arrogant and conceited...so i keep my good qualities hidden mostly.

oh...i didn't see the title of the thread...I am an employer and i would hire me simply bc while i have a lot of time to slack-off, i do my job better than anyone else i could hire. i guess that's why i have lots of spare time lol

i'm the go-to girl in my office. i'm the girl with the info:) lol it sucks at times but mostly i enjoy teaching other's how to do things...it makes me feel good when people can learn something from me.

Last edited:

Sartana

I'd absolutely hire myself as an IT tech wiz or something. Just a shame that nobody else will hire me for an IT job as I have no certificates. Self taught skills are a hard thing to get to prove to people.

Agent_Violet

I'd absolutely hire myself as an IT tech wiz or something. Just a shame that nobody else will hire me for an IT job as I have no certificates. Self taught skills are a hard thing to get to prove to people.

i agree with that. it's so hard to get someone to respect your skills unless you've got a bachelors or something like that. it's like they don't want you unless you're a$$ deep in college debts.

Rembrandt Broam

I would hire me, because I would know exactly the type of environment and conditions I would need to get the best out of me.

moon_x

I personally have many qualities i like about myself. but i can't fully appreciate them bc i was raised that liking yourself means you're arrogant and conceited...so i keep my good qualities hidden mostly.

hmm.. I meant as in does your SA effect your working life and if it does, considering that fact about yourself, would you hire yourself..
But I know what you mean...

Agent_Violet

hmm.. I meant as in does your SA effect your working life and if it does, considering that fact about yourself, would you hire yourself..
But I know what you mean...

i would still hire me regardless. my sa doesn't have such a negative impact on my ability to do my job that i wouldnt hire me.

moon_x

i would still hire me regardless. my sa doesn't have such a negative impact on my ability to do my job that i wouldnt hire me.

Thats good! I think if you are a hard worker or have other skills, SA wouldnt be much in the way..

planemo

The only real quality I have would be honesty. I wouldn't steal a cent from my employer. I'm not a saint or anything I'm just too scared to try. ::p:

So I guess there's a boss out there missing out on my high morals, or should I say high amounts of cowardice ;) but that's it pretty much. i'd make a lousy worker i think.

Last edited:

Dex Dorrey

no i would not hire myself....im lazy and stupid, i dont say anything even when i know i have to and im completely incapable of making a decision by myself

Agent_Violet

no i would not hire myself....im lazy and stupid, i dont say anything even when i know i have to and im completely incapable of making a decision by myself

lazy,stupid people don't join a site seeking help for their issues. and joining was your decision that you made by yourself...

don't be so tough on yourself hun... *hugs*

Luka

I'm organised, sensible and won't ever speak up (think bosses would prefer that :p) other than that...nah

razzle dazzle rose

My SA does prevent me from doing a lot of things. At the moment I am not employed but I would very much like to be.

I would hire me because I am loyal and I am a fast learner. Ugh...this is reminding me of interviews and why I hate them so much. LOL...

milo001

If the jobs is not something that related to sales,customer service or etc.I might hire someone like myself because I understand how hard it is for someone with SA to find a job.But maybe not because I'm really slow in everything I do.

Fighter86

Well, I would totally hire myself during interviews, beause normally I fare well in them and sound and appear more confident and intelligent than I really am. But when actual work starts, I start behaving differently, and if I were the interviewer, would regret hiring me.

R3K

yup, because i'm a tool that can be manipulated and taken advantage of easily and forced to do any kind of work without complaint out of fear of looking incopmetent and suffering anxiety attacks.

::(:fun