Compliments thread

Ebbe

I want to propose an idea for a new thread: I think it would be nice to have a thread where we can give each other compliments and positive feedback only.

I think this is a nice idea because:
a) I feel embarrassed about giving compliments in real life and I would like to practice
b) Just like many other members I would like to have more positive topics on this forum
c) I like receiving compliments :oops:

The concept I propose for the thread is quite simple:
You just try to think of something positive to say about the 3 people that posted before you. Since we don't really know each other, it's probably easiest to look in those people's histories and say what you like about the posts they made earlier (sorry for stating the obvious). I have nice things to say about a lot of you, but didn't feel that it was appropriate in other topics. I hope many of you feel the same about many others.

Ok. I'll start:

@Ebbe: Compliments for sticking with me for more than 28 years.

@The next poster: Compliments for being brave enough to be the first poster. Thank you for not letting me feel too embarrassed by falling to the next page with 0 reactions to this daring thread. :D

Ebbe

Yippi, a reply! Thank you for the compliment :D
I'll just reply again to get things going. Future posters can ignore this post.

@Pink_Glitter: I want to compliment you for participating in the forum in such a positive way.
The posts you make are often cheery and even though your life doesn't seem easy you are often able to talk about it without getting negative. Of course you have every right to become negative at times, but it seems like you are making the most of the situation your are in. I don't know if I could have been that cheerful if I hadn't left the house for such a long time. I think that you also lift up the spirits of many by trying to relate to them.
Also compliments(not really the right word here) for liking QI. I love that show too. :D
And of course again, compliments for being brave enough to be the first person to reply.

Ashiene

@Ebbe

it be very difficult for shy person like me to say much so i want compliment u for starting this thread

@PinkGlitter

thank you for posting all the advice on my threads

JonnyD

Great post, i generally avoid this kind of post in other forums exactly because i have a hard time giving and receiving compliments. i really would love to say what i think about everyone here, but i'll try to stick on the last person, don't know if its a rule.

@Ashiene,

Although i misspeled your name a couple of times :p. i really admire you, you're sincere and have strong opinions, i believe that you write what's on your heart and you should always keep it this way :).

Yet i know that outside the forums you may have a hard time expressing yourself (as most people here do), i think most of the times here you're espontaneos on what you say and that's a quality i struggle to have every day even here ;) ...

by the little i know about you as a person, i really believe you got great potential and hope you find out soon.

whispering_screams

I want to compliment JonnyD for being a friendly and caring person. I remember his post in the suicide thread, after a few of us have admitted that we've tried to commit suicide..
he wrote "i've never even got near but it seriously broke my heart , don't try it again ok?".

I thought what he said was very sweet and also sincere. And I want to let him know that I appreciated those words he said and it made me smile as well as a bit emotional. :oops:

Ebbe

(Please ignore this post if you want to participate. I already posted before.)

I'm sure there are more people out there that want to say nice things to the previous posters. Don't feel like you have to give the ultimate, perfect, best thought-through, most personal compliment that will make the receiver feel better then they have ever felt before. A small compliment can hit the right spot as well I think.

The reason why I thought of compliments for the last 3 people was so that there is not so much pressure on each poster to give that perfect 1 compliment to a person. But, of course if you can't think of anything to say to certain people, it's ok to just give compliments to one or two people. I think the last posters need more compliments, so:

@Ashiene: I want to compliment you for the many times you have contributed with interesting topics to the forum. You often think of topics that apply to most of us, and by sharing your own thoughts and feelings with us, you give us new ways of viewing our problems and the possible solutions to those problems.

@JonnyD: I want to compliment you on always being so warm and friendly on this forum. You may say that you think it is difficult to give compliments, but the way you symphatise with others and are always trying to say something friendly is more important then giving direct compliments.

@whispering_screams: I want to compliment you with your sense of humour. Many of your posts made me smile or even laugh when I was starting to feel down about a topic. Thank you for that.

Ashiene: You have a refreshing sort of directness. You say what you think and aren't afraid to be unorthodox.

JonnyD: You have excellent taste in programming languages. :p

whispering_screams: You're always supportive in threads, and you have the courage to get out into the world and do stuff with your life even though it's a struggle.