Come inside for free chocolate!

Zackarydoo

I dreamed last night that I was at the river somewhere and there was this guy about to shoot a deer or some animal like that. I was trying to stop him and resorted to stepping in the way, but he still looked like he was going to shoot! I'm not sure why I dreamed that.

I cannot stand people who hunt animals. If it's for food then fair enough, as the alternative would be to buy it from a shop and obviously that animal has also been killed. I accept that's the way life is and that there is a food chain, and animals are worse in some ways than humans with the way they hunt and kill. If people are hunting for pleasure though, that is disgusting and they should be shot for it. I know some people get a thrill from killing animals, as if it makes them feel like they're superior in some way. Well they are not, they are weak minded scum and I detest people like that. If they kill then eat it then although it's kinda strange and inhuman to get your kicks from it, I accept it. Otherwise I do not. Rant over.

______
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone using Tapatalk 2 on Android.

Zackarydoo

Hi Anomie,

You make some good points. Like I said before, I know that eating meat sold by shops is eating animals but like I said, I don't have a problem with hunters eating all they kill. I do still think it's odd to enjoy it and make a sport of it, but at least they use the animal so I accept it. My anger is directed at those who don't even use much or any of the animal for anything other than their "sport". They are scum and I see no reason to change my view on that.

I am aware of the way animals are often treated for the meat that ends up in supermarkets, and I don't like it at all. I'm just one man though and there is nothing I can do about that. I don't like a lot of things in the world but I have no power to change them. I still want to eat meat, I like meat and as I don't like much food, I need what's in meat to help me be at least a little bit healthy. Plus is it part of the food chain that is the most natural thing. Animals are often treated well and killed humanly for supermarkets, but I know that more often than not, that's is not the case, and I dislike that very much. It doesn't mean I should stop eating meat though.

You said that supermarkets waste a lot of the animal, but I don't think that's true at all. My understanding is that they make every penny they can possibly make from the animals, which means using every part possible, down to the bones. What they can't actually be sold as meat is put in things like sausages or other products claiming to have that animal's flavour. I'm pretty sure they don't waste anything at all.

Hopefully I haven't started pages of argument about this subject! ;) I don't want people to miss my recent diary posts! :)

Zackarydoo

Ok Anomie, I'm hearing all you're saying. I don't agree with a lot of it but I've already explained why. If I was to answer all you've written, I would just be saying the same things all over again, and we'd end up arguing. I want this to stay as my personal diary thread rather than a place to argue or discuss one topic. I still think the same way but have listened to your side of it and like I said before, you have raised some good points.

Enjoy the rest of your evening Anomie.

Zackarydoo

There is something that annoys me and has for ages now. It's the way Google gives silly names to their Android software versions. I like Android software and will never buy any overpriced Apple product, but Android don't help themselves by using such idiotic names. They name each major version alphabetically after confectionary. I started buying Android phones when they were on F, and they are now on J and soon to be K. The names of those versions were Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, Kitkat. K was going to be Key Lime Pie but the name was changed. They also use version numbers and the last few have been 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, with Kitkat being 4.4.

My opinion is that these names are silly and make a joke out of a great product. If I was new to smartphones and was looking around for what to buy, then seeing a phone with software called "Ice Cream Sandwich" would completely put me off and I would be steered very firmly towards the competitors. I would immediately think that any company calling their software after food cannot be serious and they must have kids working for them. Is this really what Google want people to think? Are they so rich that they don't particularly care as they know they already have enough customers?

I think a company called Apple is pretty silly too but it feels almost almost normal after all this time. I wonder if it would feel that way if they were called Banana?

All my own opinions here of course. :)

______
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone using Tapatalk 2 on Android.