college! (Oh No!)

CPA23

I went to college for a total of 6 years (including grad school) and nothing changed for me as far as my SA. My confidence grew a little, but ultimately I made no long-term friendships and attended no football games, basketball games, dances, etc. For some reason, I just did not want to be seen and I just didn't want to go to any of these functions b/c in my insecure mind I would see these things as chores and not as something that is supposed to be fun.

It's been a little over a year since I've finished college and things are slowly looking up. I found me a full-time job and my confidence is not as shaky as it used to be. However, I do have my days where I feel out-of-place and the insecurity begins to show its ugly head. I just have to keep on going and figure out things that I need to do to become a better person and overcome the obstacles that are in my life. It's a tough and very challenging road, but we have no choice but to keep on going.

thor01

So far the thing I'm doing, for me, has been just as lonely as not going at all, ultimately. I do sometimes wonder if it would be different had a I been with a better group of people for me, but that's down to luck.