cold showers/baths for anxiety+hyperhidrosis????

karl:-/

This post isn't my idear but never the less could it work???

I have hot!! Baths all the time. After witch my body goes crazy for as long as it likes 3/4 hours tops then my meds seem to take over :).
If I were to get out,change the water to as cold as possible, get in for about 5-10mins what possible affects could it have on my body??? apart from just making me cold...

Any ideas :confused:

Valhalla, I'll try any thing to see what happens good or bad, if its like you suggested then I'm sure to stop.. was just a thought after I saw a post for contrast showers relieving anxiety+depression.. thought temperature change might help HH sufferers as there's no actual conclusive cause, just theories as to stop it those ETS ops suck balls had massive mistake but the fights continues... :)

Rawz, thanks for the links I'll defo check them out...

Any more suggestions..thoughts????

Rawz!!! Haha class dude thats a great read think I'll start lowering the temp to get used of the cold. Them as it say I'm gona go 007 on my body :) its raised a smile reading that. Also its raised issues with doctors/hospitals why did they stop??? After reading that it Sound like everyone of us should give it a blast.. seriously its only cold water,,,,what are all the drugs doing?? Side effects?? Rather try this and out a spring in my step and other places haha

thanks Rawz good guy?

Rawz

Yeah, I now almost always take contrast showers instead of hot showers. It's a good idea to do as much as you can for your health besides drugs (proper exercise/diet/showers/meditation, etc).

You're welcome, Karl.

patsydell

I had heard to take cold showers but believe this or not a hot shower helps me. Then I sit in front of my fan for about 15 to 30 mins before dressing. When I sweat I get chilled really bad but I am swaeting profusely. Very crazy to say the least. I guess find what works best for you.