Clothes shopping hell

Waybuloo

I don't know where you are but here in the UK the major shops have online stores that you can purchase from and allow you to return either by post or to the store if they don't fit or suit you. That can take a lot of hassle out of browsing. I find shopping stressful because of the crowds, and I suspect this is true for a lot of people SA or not, but i'm mainly annoyed at the hordes of clones clogging up the space. A lot of people have vacant or irritated looks in the mall.

I envy you though I wish I have enough of a bare wardrobe to make me go shop hehe.

coyote

Last edited:

agoraphobickatie

clothes shopping can be stressful/anxiety provoking for me as well... but sometimes, it can be very theraputic! getting something new that i love can really lift my spirits! i've gotten really good at being able to look at something and tell if i will like the fit of it on me or not... i would say try on things that appeal to you, and when you find something that you really like, try to find other similar items... like, i have this thing with longer fitted shirts, so anything less than 28 inches from top to bottom, i'm not gonna like.. see what i mean? idk... try to concentrate on yourself, how you feel and what you like, block out everyone else-- it's proven fact that almost every other person is just worried about themself, too, so don't fret! :)

agirl

OCD can be very isolating. Don't let your thoughts get to you. If you like the clthes you bought thenn keep them, if you don't then don't keep them. The important part is that you make the decision and not your OCD. If you feel like you are taking back your clothes because of the ocd doubts then don't take them back.