Clothes shopping, gah

Helyna

Wow, that sounds bad. Worse than my complaints - nothing ever fits me, my mom always talks too loudly in the fitting rooms and doesn't realize that everyone can hear her, it's exhausting and frustrating to do this for hours. I can't imagine doing it without my mom, though. I don't have a good eye for fashion or what fits.
I'm probably going today. :(

Lots of non-anxious people shop online. Personally I don't believe in the theory that suffering a lot makes things better... it just makes for a lot of suffering.

I understand I have a HUGE problem with buying clothes. Most of it is my fault though. I don't like the way I look so in my mind everything looks horrible on me and I can never buy a single thing. There is also a lot of people there, and you have to stand up the whole time bleh! I haven't gotten any new clothes in like over two years, and now I only have like 2 pairs of pants and all my shirts are way too big and are filled with holes.

I know instead of looking like a homeless crazy person, which I've been told before, it would look better if I just got new clothes even if I have convinced myself they look horrible. And shoes what a nightmare those are lol! I only have one pair of shoes that I wear everyday and I don't really like shoes so I don't care all that much. But my feet are pretty big so if I do go they usually don't have very many in my size, so I end up having to by mens shoes. ugh I hate clothes shopping but I need new stuff really really really badly.

alex29

i hear you on that one.

when i shop its alone or with my mom. lately i just dont clothes shop. i order a few things online every now and then.

sometimes i used to wake up early to avoid the people my age shopping with friends. id go right as the malls opened.

still not great, but better.

JonnyD

looking like a homeless crazy person

:lol: ROFLOL! i've been told it too, that was like the only time i was outside my home in a weeken for ages and someone said that...

i have a problem buying new clothes too, it's awful , but cant choose, my brain becomes so full of thought that i just pick anything that fits and go away ASAP,...

i used to say that i don't care much about clothing, but it's pure fear!

its way hard to enter a store, i always buy my clothes on the same store, because i entered that store once, to buy a jacket - but it was like or you buy or you freeze.

normally someone will receive you and ask what you want , it's not a good feeling but it's way better then wondering throught the store with people looking to me.

if i recall that's the more social thing i've done last 3 months, i went there and buy a lot of clothes, to make sure i wouldn't have to buy anymore in a short time...

but i know i will have to buy new clothes anytime soon :(

coriander1992

I can totally relate, I really hate clothes shopping.

It's the assistants and the other shoppers- I can't stand them!
It feels like everybody's watching and judging you, doesn't it.

I always think that i'm not pretty or trendy enough to be in a clothes shop, so I just avoid them at all costs.

My mum sometimes brings home clothes for me, now that's sad :lol: :roll:

chris87

The worst part about shopping for me is dealing with the salespeople. I don't like when they ask if you need help. I like to look around without someone bothering me.