Clever comebacks

zav943

I wish I was as clever as one of my friends...

I told him about the annoying question: How come you don't have a girlfriend?

He said: Because your mom's taken

LazyHermitCrab

'you're a bit of a loner aren't you"- better a loner than a follower

"do you have any friends"- you're my friend :)

or just karate chop

Feathers

Anyone got any ideas for:

'you're a bit of a loner aren't you"
Yeah, wanna be my imaginary friend? :D

"do you have any friends"
Yeah, want some?

or a straight forward insult - is it just best to smile and ignore?
Not so good with those, hope others may help? Depends what is said too, if it's completely off the mark or a possible trigger.. sometimes it might be best to shrug off or turn it into a joke, sometimes it may be best to explore what this was about, especially if it's a person you need to live or work with.. (some good advice for this in the book Dealing with Difficult People)

Good points about kindness and such.
An ex-roommate said to me, 'How can one quarrel with you? You just turn it into a laugh and laugh about it..' (it was really a trial with her sometimes though lol! and my parents know better anyway.. he he.. but I never wanted to quarrel much with people I lived with lol)

Waitresses or such may have good comebacks too. And a comeback can be friendly and playful too.. Probably works best then (?)

Last edited:

mrb

I know this is a bit pathetic :lol: , but would you feel a bit more confident if you had some comebacks prepared, or some kind of template on how to act.
If someone insults me, I get v anxious and my brain stops working - probably couldn't tell you my name.

Anyone got any ideas for:

'you're a bit of a loner aren't you" psycos dont have freinds :cool:

"do you have any friends" are you deaf didnt you hear what i just said :cool:

or a straight forward insult - is it just best to smile and ignore?
sharpens knife :cool: