Circular Life

Dreamseller

We live life in circles. Maybe because we like routines. Maybe because we sleep in a schedule. Maybe because we naturally find patterns in things. Maybe a mixture of everything.

What if we didn't?

Is it possible to live or perceive the world in a more linear way? I don't know why, but I've been thinking about this the past few days.

It's probably a stupid thing to think about, or at least something that has an obvious answer I can't see.

Dreamseller

Is not a linear life full of routine much as a life of circles?

That is what I mean, if you could remove or at least tone down routine, you would be outside of a 'circular life'.

Or even make your routines seem more random in their nature, rather than daily/yearly etc.

Somewhat break away from nature, as nature is very cyclical.

That is what I mean, if you could remove or at least tone down routine, you would be outside of a 'circular life'.

Or even make your routines seem more random in their nature, rather than daily/yearly etc.

Somewhat break away from nature, as nature is very cyclical.

How would you be outside the circular life? You can tone a routine down or remove it but it will be replaced.

You can't escape the circles.

MikeyC

I think that you could argue that daily life is cyclical - wake, eat, sleep, eat, shit, repeat - and that there are natural cycles - circadian, menstrual (seriously, haha) - but time moves in a linear fashion.

For example, today is 3/10/2014, and there will never be a 3/10/2014 ever again. If there was something to look forward to (say, a show you wanted to see), you could say it's linear because that show wouldn't become a cyclical occurrence.

Of course, you could argue that the show could come back at some point, which can make it cyclical, but it would occur later on in the linear form of time.

Or maybe I'm just talking in circles myself. :sarcastic:

drganon

I have two types of days for the most part. Days I have to go to work, and days I don't.