Christmas

Kathryn.fr

Well I'll be honest, it sucked. Church was closed...what? CLOSED?! Last Sunday there was not even a notice that they wouldn't do anything in the morning, OR at night. So I wandered a bit, trying to think of something to do sense everything was closed pretty much, I managed to find myself at Outside In, what a suprise and they were open so I went in and ate and talked to a counsilor a lil bit. The day was terrible, and it's not that I hate Christmas, I just hate what people have turned it into and how they act about it. "I spent this much on this" "Well I spent this much on my wife's big earings" "My TV is bigger than yours!" "Mine has HDMI!" Blah blah blah, that's all my family does on Christmas and my dad starts it. Always... While people are homeless (some choose to be) and have no family, or food. My dad is causing a dick measuring contest with his brothers and blames homeless people for everything pretty much. One time when I was like 15 I wrote a poem about him and his views on Christmas and how he gets my family in an argument over costly items every year, every holiday, basically just about people bragging about their expensive **** on Christmas while a homeless kid sat outside in the rain. Our family hosted that dinner that night and I handed out copies of it. I put a damper on everyones mood and he was the only one that didn't understand the poem. I remember him just saying, "Huh? Well that's stupid..." The guy is completely oblivious to anyones feelings but his own. That's why I dislike the holiday, he's ruined it for me, makes it hard to just tell someone merry Christmas without thinking about him. Christmas has the highest suicide rate apparently, I'm glad I didn't sink into that last night. Very close, but came out. Idk why...

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Well I'll be honest, it sucked. Church was closed...what? CLOSED?! Last Sunday there was not even a notice that they wouldn't do anything in the morning, OR at night.
What the crap? :confused:
So I wandered a bit, trying to think of something to do sense everything was closed pretty much, I managed to find myself at Outside In, what a suprise and they were open so I went in and ate and talked to a counsilor a lil bit. The day was terrible, and it's not that I hate Christmas, I just hate what people have turned it into and how they act about it. "I spent this much on this" "Well I spent this much on my wife's big earings" "My TV is bigger than yours!" "Mine has HDMI!" Blah blah blah, that's all my family does on Christmas and my dad starts it. Always... While people are homeless (some choose to be) and have no family, or food. My dad is causing a dick measuring contest with his brothers and blames homeless people for everything pretty much. One time when I was like 15 I wrote a poem about him and his views on Christmas and how he gets my family in an argument over costly items every year, every holiday, basically just about people bragging about their expensive **** on Christmas while a homeless kid sat outside in the rain. Our family hosted that dinner that night and I handed out copies of it. I put a damper on everyones mood and he was the only one that didn't understand the poem. I remember him just saying, "Huh? Well that's stupid..." The guy is completely oblivious to anyones feelings but his own. That's why I dislike the holiday, he's ruined it for me, makes it hard to just tell someone merry Christmas without thinking about him. Christmas has the highest suicide rate apparently, I'm glad I didn't sink into that last night. Very close, but came out. Idk why...
All I can say to that is that you can't choose your family, so just try to figure out how to choose (and keep) the right friends. Easier said than done of course. Took me forever to become any judge of character.

:/