changing from lexapro to wellbutrin

irish_bob

hi there

ok so ive been taking Lexapro for eighteen months now and the results have been terrific , im on the lowest dose ( 5 mg ) but im so relaxed compared to how I was , I was prescribed it in the first place for stress rather than depression

trouble is ive recently started a relationship and Lexapro is effecting me when it comes to maintaining an erection , I know nothing about it but ive read that wellbutrin will not cause ED problems , sounds great but I ask myself

is wellbutrin a substitute for Lexapro ?

mismeek

my dr. told me that wellbutrin is good in conjunction with something else..not by itself. have you tried fluvoxamine?

irish_bob

my dr. told me that wellbutrin is good in conjunction with something else..not by itself. have you tried fluvoxamine?

that drug is for major anxiety according to wikepedia , I have mild ( ish ) stress problems which im on the lowest Lexapro dose for

lyricalliaisons

Wellbutrin gave me very high anxiety when I was on it. It did the same to my mom. But evryone is different so maybe it won't affect you badly.

MotherWolff

Banned
I can't mess with Wellbutrin due to seizures. But I'm sure its pretty good for lots of people. Is it a newer medication?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
lexapro didn't agree with me at all. just goes to show, what works for one person may or may not work for others. So try not to rely on other opinions too much. If your Doc recommends it, give it a shot :)

bsammy

whoa who recommended welbutrin to you for anxiety?i took welbutrin for motivation and depression and it helped somewhat in those areas but it made my anxiety much worse..it also caused sexual problems for me..it didnt help that area at all!

im confused OP, lexapro relaxed you so it worked well for your stress but you want something else, why?so it doesnt make as tired?

ryan2022

You could try it cautiously.

I took it for this very reason, and it was a lot better in that regard. It also gave me a lot of energy and focus at work. I actually lost a bit of weight on it.

It was a mild stimulant for me. My anxiety is usually very easily triggered and it seems to work fairly well. Might be worth a try.

mca88

I take wellbutrin for depression and adhd and it works wonderfully. I don't get any side effects (that I feel, anyway). I've never heard of it being used to treat anxiety, ....

either way
hope you find something that works :)