can't believe how far I've come

lovely222

Hi everyone! I'm hoping this maybe a little positive message =] 2 to 3 years ago I was a mess servere social phobia panic attacks depression. I was house bound for a year.

For the past year I've been on the road to recovery. My final goal was going back to work. Next tuesday I have my first interview! I'm petrified panicking like mad! Ha ha.

Just a little message of hope to all you in that 'hell' of a place where no light at the end of the tunnel can be seen, keep fighting it keep going don't lose that hope that things will get better.

Because when you do get to that point your be soooo proud of yourself I really do believe there is not. A stronger person than those who deal with these crippling disorders.!!

i

lovely222

I like positive messages I use to come on here a couple of years ago and I would scroll through trying to fin a positive message!
And thanks for good luck I'm going to need it I've forgotten how to 'act in interveiw. Lol

B

Beatrice

Hi everyone! I'm hoping this maybe a little positive message =] 2 to 3 years ago I was a mess servere social phobia panic attacks depression. I was house bound for a year.

For the past year I've been on the road to recovery. My final goal was going back to work. Next tuesday I have my first interview! I'm petrified panicking like mad! Ha ha.

Just a little message of hope to all you in that 'hell' of a place where no light at the end of the tunnel can be seen, keep fighting it keep going don't lose that hope that things will get better.

Because when you do get to that point your be soooo proud of yourself I really do believe there is not. A stronger person than those who deal with these crippling disorders.!!

i

Congratulations!

It's so true. I used to be horribly shy in middle school and a good chunk of high school. Then I started changing my thoughts about myself and about others. (It didn't hurt that I lived in a boarding school that forced me to interact). I still have a lot of work to do, and I'm getting better.

lovely222

Thank you!!

The very strange thing about me was I never suffered. Until I was 22. Before that you couldn't have found a more confident person.
I tavelled the world lived alone worked in a people facing PR job. One night I had a panic attack and I became I housebound recluse
I went out for a night on town came home had panic attack next time I left house was 3 weeks later when I had to move home with parent with my two kids and it was a year before I walked out front door again.

I personally think more awareness is need with these disorders I'd love to see more in the media about it. And take away the stigma that is attatched.

Newtype

i

Sounds like we had similar lives this past year. Every single thing that you said, I always say the same to people here. It's seriously the cure for SA. You just gotta figure out what you need to do to cure your SA, then give yourself some reasonable goals and achieve them one at a time. Take baby steps, don't rush things too much. Persevere, never give up. There will be days when you will feel despair, but you have to toughen up and put it in the back of your mind and just do what you gotta do. And every time that you will accomplish something, you will be proud of yourself and it will boost your self-confidence. Eventually, your life starts getting better, you're out there more, you feel like you belong with others but more importantly, because you had SA for so long, you're now a stronger person than most people and just that makes you so proud. With time, the SA disappears. You just can't stay at home and do nothing. That's the worse thing you can do.