Can you help me with a 15-30 minute survey?

jereminho

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to check out this post. To introduce myself briefly, my name’s Jeremy and I’m doing my PhD research in social anxiety. I’m really hoping you can help me by doing an online survey. Here’s the info:

What is the study about?
I’m trying to investigate the maintenance factors of social anxiety.

Why is that important?
The more we can understand what maintains social anxiety, the better we can create interventions to treat social anxiety.

Who can do the survey?
Anyone 18 years and older.

How long will it take?
Most people have been taking between 15-30 minutes.

What else do I need to know?
For those who are interested, you can also complete the survey in 3 and 6 months’ time. This is because I’m trying to do a longitudinal study. However, if you only want to participate once, that’s fine. More information can be found in the actual survey.

Please follow this link if you wish to participate:

https://flinderspsychology.asia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bsindOco5VlNHQV

Thankyou. I really hope my research can expand our knowledge on the issue of social anxiety, and provide us with ideas of how to make treatment even better :)

p.s. feel free to share the survey with friends if you get a moment!

Last edited:

zharl

Hey! Thanks for this! Participating in this survey was somewhat cathartic. As my main issue is not with establishing relationships, but with maintaining them, I feel as though I may not be the typical group you were hoping to survey, but oh well. I hope you got enough participants!

If you need anything else, or are hoping to learn more, I'm happy to participate further!

jereminho

Hey! Thanks for this! Participating in this survey was somewhat cathartic. As my main issue is not with establishing relationships, but with maintaining them, I feel as though I may not be the typical group you were hoping to survey, but oh well. I hope you got enough participants!

If you need anything else, or are hoping to learn more, I'm happy to participate further!

zharl thanks so much for your comments and thoughts. Trust me, there is no typical group I'm looking at for this study, just humans who are at least 18 years old haha. I'm really glad to hear that doing the survey was cathartic for you. I've had a few similar comments like this actually. I've had some people mention that they didn't even realise they were doing certain behaviours that were maintaining their social anxiety and seeing them in the survey highlighted this to them.

Zharl it sounds like you have a really good grasp on what is holding you back from getting more out of life (maintaining rather than establishing relationships). This is definitely to be commended!

Thanks for completing the survey :)

jereminho

hey guys thanks so much for the responses so far. In order to reward those who have completed the survey, I thought I would post an interesting video every few days. This one is about what happens if you try to breach the speed of light. Random but interesting!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ0gQevrPTo

ps. if you know of anyone else who hasn't done the survey and might be keen, please link them!! cheers !

jereminho

Thanks to all those who have helped out so far, if you havent done the survey yet, would be awesome if you could do it :]

arjuna

I did the survey. I think that some of the questions weren't clear or didn't make sense. I'm specifically talking about the ones using the verb "to be" for identity and predication, including the ever-clear "be yourself" construct.

jereminho

I did the survey. I think that some of the questions weren't clear or didn't make sense. I'm specifically talking about the ones using the verb "to be" for identity and predication, including the ever-clear "be yourself" construct.

Hi Arjuna. Firstly, thanks so much for completing the survey, I really appreciate it. I agree that some questions are fairly ambivalent and not too clear. Unfortunately, it's difficult to make drastic changes because we need to keep most of them the same in order to make comparisons with previous research that has used the same standardized questionnaires. My hope is that, regardless of some ambivalence in the questions, I will still be able to extract findings that will increase our knowledge about social anxiety.

Thanks for your feedback and hope you're well :)

SilentAndShy

Found myself resonating alot with that survey. Look forward to the results (assume will be sent by email) and hope they will be concise and easy to read rather than a big essay.

arjuna

I wish you all the best with the survey and hope you can expand our knowledge on the topic so as to help us gain social functionality.

jereminho

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate the help. Silentandshy, for sure I can find a way to summarise the results in a clear way -but I've still got lots of work to do before I get there :)

jereminho

Hi everyone! Thanks to everyone who has completed the survey! Just wanted to let you all know that I can only keep the survey online for another couple of days. So if you've thought about doing but haven't got around to it yet - please go for it! Otherwise thankyou!!