Can you drop 30 lbs in 7 months safely?

jdiane

I am going on a vacation in October and want to lose about 30 lbs. I am not a health nut and working out for me is like trying to get a cat to swim... I don't mind working out 3-4 days a week for about 30 minutes.
Any more than that and I will just talk myself out of it.. Anyone have any suggestions on a healthy diet plan? I thought about slim fast for 2 meals with some fruit for snacks and a lean cusine for dinner.... plus a 30 minute workout 4 times a week.... Thanks!

philly2bits

I think 30 lbs in 7 months is safe. It comes out to just over a pound a week. I heard the max to lose while still being safe is 2 pounds a week, though of course everyone is different.

I don't know anything about slim fast. With meal replacement stuff like that you have to be careful to make sure you get enough nutrition. I don't know how well slim works is in that regard.

Nack

Banned
I think 30 lbs in 7 months is safe. It comes out to just over a pound a week. I heard the max to lose while still being safe is 2 pounds a week, though of course everyone is different.

I don't know anything about slim fast. With meal replacement stuff like that you have to be careful to make sure you get enough nutrition. I don't know how well slim works is in that regard.

Healthy people do not exist on this site O.e

Anomaly

Diet plans don't work unless you absolutely plan to stick to them for the rest of your life. If you want to lose weight, you have to learn to enjoy exercising or else you won't keep it up for the rest of your life. It's a perpetual fight against your body, basically.

AGR

I will give my opinion,what worked and is working for me I have lost around
30 lb,5 or 6 small meals per day,lean protein with vegetables(broccoli or spinach),fruits are kiwi,papaya and avocado,snacks are sunflower seeds,punpkin seeds or nuts.
Usually on the weekends I let myself go a little,also have to exercise to burn more calories than you consume.

this_portrait

I got an aunt who is on this new kind of diet (not sure what it is exactly; the only thing I know about it is that you can't eat bread), and she has lost 14 lbs in two weeks.

I'm not a huge fan of dieting. If I ever want to lose weight, I just cut down on eating and do more things that give my body exercise (such as walking more).

Emily_G

Sure you can lose 30 lbs in 7 months safely, it's only about a pound a week :) I would discourage the slim fast thing...as it is a fad diet, unless you're just looking for a temporary thing and don't mind if you gain all 30 lbs back. I'd just exercise and eat healthier. :)