can SA cause hallucinations like hearing or seeing things no really exist ?

Helyna

Do I have to repeat myself?

I'll ask it directly: do you mean that the rest of your family also saw these spirits?

If so, I'd consider more ideas than schizophrenia! :eek:

For Real, please don't ever post something like that again.

Kat

I wish I were a clairvoyant. I want to see dead people too!!! And ask them a shit-load of questions.

It would definitely have it’s advantages:). I would probably be just as scared of them as the living, though. They say people that are sensitive are more inclined to be in-tuned with spirits.

One doctor I went to once said that if you have anxiety then you can’t have schizophrenia. I don’t know how true that is.

gsmax5

can SA cause hallucinations like hearing or seeing things no really exist ?

"some times i see spirits"

No dude, but I'm sure people with really bad Social Anxiety problems are more afraid of stuff. Maybe your fear of socialization, and your (scary?) hallucinations have the same cause; general fears of stuff. I know that I'm definitely more scared of most things than the average person.

arsenalwa

aye, and you are now cursed :d
cursed-mountain-1.jpg

Dude I love this stuff :D

hidingfromtheworld

If you see spirits that is not a disorder..however,if they are hallucinations,,that is mental. Of course any mental health professional will consider seeing spirits a hallucination. It does nt mean they are. Only you know that.

Kat

Well, that is a good thing to know! Now I know that I don't run the risk of ever developing schizoprhenia. Thank you for that info!

Yeah, it is strange that he said that because what I read about it, says contrary to that. It makes me think people with schizophrenia only appear to be anxious and not actually feel it. I doubt anyone one here has it and I don’t want to alarm anyone but you should always find out for certain. I think people that do have that once there on medication they are pretty much fine can’t say that for sp sufferers, unfortunately.

I'd probably be a bit freaked out by spirits but I don't think they can hurt you. I would hope that I could talk to them and that they'd talk to me. Maybe they can give me winning numbers to the lottery jackpot. lol I would sooo not be ashamed to ask. lol

And it would be interesting to know why those people that are clairvoyant don’t ask them those sorts of questions or if they have asked them that. I know I definitely would and why not everyone else takes advantage of their abilities.:D

DillJenkins

SA does not cause hallucinations. In fact multiple studies have implicated low D2 receptor density as well as increased likelihood of developing Parkinson's with Socially Phobic persons.

This is the opposite of psychosis if you will. Schizo's have too much dopamine action where-as SA has too little dopamine action generally.

If you are having hallucinations but are still attached enough to reality to recognize this fact then you might wanna check this link out...

Schizoaffective disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jin

i think you have this what so they called "third eye".... you can talk with those spirits and let them know why are there and go come and see you..maybe they need some help that you can only provide them.... having SA doesnt seem to be like that....