Can bullying cause PTSD?

Lamb

A couple of months ago I had a visit to a public mental health clinic. I was given an evaluation and was told I'd receive a call to schduele therapy. A storm hit which caused the hospital to shut down for quite some time. Never had a followup. As of recent they called me back. I requested a copy of my blood work from a different appointment and post traumatic stress disorder was listed amongst my results. I've been doing research but I wanted to hear some opinions.

Do you think PTSD can stem from bullying? If so, what's the distinction between SA and PTSD?

Last edited:
I don't know. I didn't know they could diagnose PTSD from bloodwork. What an age we live in! em I suppose it depends how traumatic it was for you. Things effect people differently.

jaim38

I think my PTSD stemmed from bullying. Someone with PTSD might not have SA. For example, a person mauled by a dog develops PTSD and a fear of dogs. But this person might not have SA.

Lamb

I don't know. I didn't know they could diagnose PTSD from bloodwork. What an age we live in! em I suppose it depends how traumatic it was for you. Things effect people differently.

What I meant was that it was listed amongst blood work information. They didn't actually test for it, sorry.