camping

Remus

Staff member
Hell yeah!

20081020133540_283.jpg

^ that is an awesome looking landscape, where is that?

i used to go camping alone, but there were always so many other people around, it kind of bothered me. but then if there weren't enough other people around, i'd get kind of creeped out, like some crazy people might come through and kill you or something. paranoia going overboard. :rolleyes:

thats Glencoe in Scotland :)

Really nice, my dad has mentioned that place before - I'll have to add it to my list of places to visit someday. :)

Norman, are you thinking of going camping somewhere? If so I'd definitely recommend a wilderness as opposed to car-camping. I guess that's obvious but I was crazy or lazy enough to do that sometimes. Someplace where you can hike in for a few hours and really get away from people. I wish I had done more of that when I lived in Washington State - there were some really cool mountain meadow / alpine lake areas where I wanted to do that, but never got around to.

NormanBates

Really nice, my dad has mentioned that place before - I'll have to add it to my list of places to visit someday. :)

Norman, are you thinking of going camping somewhere? If so I'd definitely recommend a wilderness as opposed to car-camping. I guess that's obvious but I was crazy or lazy enough to do that sometimes. Someplace where you can hike in for a few hours and really get away from people. I wish I had done more of that when I lived in Washington State - there were some really cool mountain meadow / alpine lake areas where I wanted to do that, but never got around to.

I may have some spare time on my hands soon, and I've been wanting to go out and do some botanical surveying. There are some state parks around here and I am thinking of buying a season pass.

Thought about taking the passenger seat out of my car and improvising a bed, but my brother offered me his big blue van instead, which has a couch in the back. Only thing is, it only goes 50 mph on the highway :confused:

I may have some spare time on my hands soon, and I've been wanting to go out and do some botanical surveying. There are some state parks around here and I am thinking of buying a season pass.

Thought about taking the passenger seat out of my car and improvising a bed, but my brother offered me his big blue van instead, which has a couch in the back. Only thing is, it only goes 50 mph on the highway :confused:

Hmm, that sounds interesting - good idea for a trip. :)

Kind of a dilemma with the car vs van though - unless you can take smaller back roads to the parks or something.