Bummer

Angie_05

You can't stop blushing and still be afraid of blushing. So you were right about needing to get rid of the fear of blushing.

I had a professor once say that the best way to get over a phobia is to elicit that situation. So in your case, you would try really hard to purposefully blush in front of someone. This is sort of extreme, especially for a SP. Start with your family. Say something like, "Hey have you guys ever noticed that I blush? I feel like I do that a lot. Weird huh?" That way it is out in the open and you don't have to hide it. And your attitude will indicate that you are not worried about it, so they won't be worried either. They will probably either say "yeah i've noticed" or "no not at all".

spikefan777

I've been having a blushing problem, myself lately. It's not all that bad though because it's just around my teachers.
I can see that you probably don't get off that easy, hope you feel better thoughtless! :)

Richey

The only way to improve on your SA is to just take some more risks! and that may be you changing your own surroundings. Ive been talking to a few people lately who are as outgoing as you could imagine! and you tend to forget that at the expense of looking like an idiot! they just say whats on their mind. They too get anxious and they too get themselves into awkward situations. The awkwardness and nervousness never goes.
Remember the key is to keep busy at at your own goals and never stop! Just keep working at improving. And focus on issues other then SA. Keep yourself distracted. You dont know your FATE! Nothing is set in stone. Humans arn't lucky enough to always live a long healthy life. No doubting this year has just flown by at a supersonic! speed and doesn't get any slower.
"The only thing neccesary for the triumph of Evil! is for good men to do nothing!"

So next time you have a family birthday or gathering> Try not to think of your SA. And remember that no one is trying to crucify! you. The benefit of going along anyway is that you do learn little bits and pieces that will help you deal with it for the next time.
And dont be afraid of boring the pants off of people lol I know that sounds strange but people depending on their moods are either in a talkative mood or in an introverted mood. Its just the way it is.

You'll notice that when parents bring up their children a common theme is that they inject guilt and worry into their kids veins from an early age. People deal with that in different ways.
People dont normally think outside of the square when it comes to parenting. And it can affect you in a bad way.

Chilling__Echo

hey sweetie, i'm sorry you're feeling worse. to be honest with you i think you're thinking about it way too much. when you obsess over it, you only fufill the prophecy b/c you get anxious and therefor there is more of a chance that in your eyes, something will go wrong.

believe me i konw it's not easy. but just relax! take a deep breathe. take three. and look at yourself and say that you have nothing to be afraid of. i get nervous around my family on the holidays, i hate the holidays the worst of all b/c i know they can tell when i'm nervous. that's why it's so bad!

but take a deep breathe and say to yourself that if something bad happens (which is not garanteed to happen. you can't see the future!) tell yourself that you'll let it roll off your shoulders. don't dwell on things because it just makes it worse for you in the future.

you can beat this i promise. just relax. i don't know anything about xanax but i have a friend who takes it and she tells me good things about it. plus at least then you won' thave to take it all the time.

good luck darlin, things will get better. just learn to relax and don't look at life with such dread. you'll be ok

blight

One thing to consider is that when I (and other people I think) think about how we feel when other people around us blush, there are no bad associations. I can think of many times seeing someone blush, and they still seem to be having a really good time and no one thinks it is weird or feels bad for them. I think a big smile and laughing (even if it's fake laughing!) can really offset any affect blushing would have on the situation.