Bullied

IntheLabyrinth

I am sure this has been posted at some point but I am still new here. Were you bullied at some point in your life? I feel like that might be a pretty common occurrence among those with SA. Maybe not though.

I was all throughout Junior High, which only brought my self esteem down that much more. I've always been resentful towards my parents for never teaching me how to stand up for myself. It's probably my fault though for not really telling them. I wish I could go back in time and tell the young me to fight back.

jaim38

Yes. I didn't have good role models in life so wasn't sure how to stand up to them. My mom wanted me to hit back, fight fire with fire, but my dad wanted be to stroke their egos with nice words. I didn't agree with any of their approaches.

Yes, I was bullied.
I did not have SA until I was systematically bullied for years.
I miss my old personality.:sad:

.....I wish I could go back in time and tell the young me to fight back.

I too wish I could go back and fight them, sooooo bad.:sad:

It only came out in therapy just how much damage was done to me from the bullying I suffered.
Still have a secret hatred for my mother for not getting me out of that school/situation.

My therapist said "What would you have done if you were your mother"?
I said, in a primal scream from that young girl inside me, letting the tears flood out......"I would have gotten her the hell out of there"!!!!!

Last edited:

hidwell

Yes, I was bullied.
I did not have SA until I was systematically bullied for years.
I miss my old personality.:sad:
I too wish I could go back and fight them, sooooo bad.:sad:

It only came out in therapy just how much damage was done to me from the bullying I suffered.
Still have a secret hatred for my mother for not getting me out of that school/situation.

My therapist said "What would you have done if you were your mother"?
I said, in a primal scream from that young girl inside me, letting the tears flood out......"I would have gotten her the hell out of there"!!!!!

Sorry to hear that you were so badly bullied Blue. (((((((((((HUG))))))))))))

IntheLabyrinth

I don't know why parents don't do more about bullying. With all the media coverage, maybe parents are getting more proactive when there kids are getting bullied. I am sorry your mom didn't help you.

ImNotMyIllness

I am sure this has been posted at some point but I am still new here. Were you bullied at some point in your life? I feel like that might be a pretty common occurrence among those with SA. Maybe not though.

I was all throughout Junior High, which only brought my self esteem down that much more. I've always been resentful towards my parents for never teaching me how to stand up for myself. It's probably my fault though for not really telling them. I wish I could go back in time and tell the young me to fight back.

I wouldn't be resentful to your parents. In fact, had they told you to stand up for yourself, the young you may have felt even more inadequate for not being able too. My dad always told me to stand up for myself. That obviously didn't help me.
You can't go back in time and have a talk to yourself. But you can have one now with your current self-Will you listen*??.......I need to have that talk too!

I guess it's always easier to do something in retrospect. Maybe that's why I spend so much time thinking in the past. Well, this current moment will one day be the past do. I should start now....but, those "talks" really don't seem to work.

*the issue now being SA and low self esteem

Last edited:

Lamb

I was bullied from Pre-kay until highschool. I'm waiting for it to start up in college once I go back.