bravery

Lorraine Manca

so i think i wouldnt be so bitter about the whole conquering fear thing if fighting irrational fear was as rewarding and noble as fighting rational fear.

for example,

if i went around some warzone with bomb and land mines doing humanitarian stuff, then enduring fear would be brave thing
but im not
im doing things like being closed in a small office with an ancient professor that has to tilt his head a certain way so his teeth dont fall out.
you just dont get that, "my life has meaning" fuzzy warm feeling from facing that fear.

Silvox Black

You feel as though your struggles are not truly worthy of being called struggles? You feel as though your pain is nothing compared to what others face?

juju

personally, i think everyone who has this is a ledgend because only we can ever know how hard it is to live each day with such distress

those struggles are worthy of being called brave trust me. I wish I could just be brave enough to be able to come out to certain people about my fears... and most people would be! Many people would not be as brave as "us" when dealing with equally difficult situations! Thats an absolute fact.

LadyWench

I pretty much feel the same way. If I take a "risk" or "conquer a fear", I feel like it's pointless and really has no significance to it. My psychiatrist is always complimenting me on how she admires that I am willing to do things to step out of my comfort zone and try to get better. But really, is that admirable? I don't think so. Curing cancer is admirable. Winning a Nobel prize is admirable. Me being able to walk around the block by myself is NOT. That's lame. Any normal human being can do that with no problem at all. Or doing my best to not freak out over my fears of coughing up blood or getting a brain tumor. Most people don't worry about these things, and THAT is what should be admired.

The things I have to "conquer" to get better are just plain...pathetic. I should be able to do these things by default. Without help. Or without giving it a second thought. But nope. I'm a pansy.

Lorraine Manca

The things I have to "conquer" to get better are just plain...pathetic. I should be able to do these things by default. Without help. Or without giving it a second thought. But nope. I'm a pansy.

yeah, im exactly the same way.
you go against your natural impulses and its so hard to do the most ordinary things. and then before you know it, its time to do it again, cause its not like getting scared of a doberman that wants to take a chunk out of your leg. that'd happen twice in a life time at most. these pathetic fears pop up every single day constantly. its so completely different from normal healthy fear.

happy thanksgiving u.s. folks, enjoy your partially cremated ugly ass bird corpse. eat it before it resurrects and seeks revenge

dmdmm

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what."

~Harper Lee; To Kill A Mockingbird

Lorraine Manca

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what."

~Harper Lee; To Kill A Mockingbird

awesome quote