borderline treatment?

hd27

what is the best treatment for borderline? psychotherapy like dbt and cbt or taking pills for all the borderline symptoms like depression,anxiety, anger management problem?

one of the foreign doctor told me bpd can be treated by councelling.

and after I came to my country another doctor gave me 3 kind of medicine. I don't like to take lot of medicine. my main problem is I don't continue my jobs and I blast( I get angry) with some colleagues because of poor interpersonal relationship

if one of you take treatment for bpd,tell me which method you take. medicine or councelling. sorry for bad English.

:):)

Agent_Violet

what is the best treatment for borderline? psychotherapy like dbt and cbt or taking pills for all the borderline symptoms like depression,anxiety, anger management problem?

one of the foreign doctor told me bpd can be treated by councelling.

and after I came to my country another doctor gave me 3 kind of medicine. I don't like to take lot of medicine. my main problem is I don't continue my jobs and I blast( I get angry) with some colleagues because of poor interpersonal relationship

if one of you take treatment for bpd,tell me which method you take. medicine or councelling. sorry for bad English.

:):)

The only thing that worked for improving my BPD was getting older and practicing mindful thinking.
I don't take meds and I'm no longer in therapy. BPD people have to be so disciplined with their own minds. The only thing that keeps me from being a bpd monster is having extreme amounts of control over myself. I also began asking people I trust if my reactions to things were normal so i'd have an example of what was appropriate vs inappropriate.

I'm 30 now and feel I have the worst of my BPD symptoms under control. But all the symptoms aren't terrible. We're passionate people,I wouldn't trade that for all the normal behaviors in the world.

Silatuyok

I'm 29 and have seen a dramatic decrease of borderline problems over the past few years. I never tried DBT, but I did go through several regular therapists and never found one that really helped a whole lot. If I have a relapse I am going to try DBT because it is supposed to be really helpful.

I find that a great deal of my healing came through internet forums, and through art and writing. Getting a handle on my anxiety helped a lot, because many of my extreme outbursts had their beginnings in feeling anxious and irritable and then letting myself spiral down from there. Quitting caffeine has done wonders for me. I also had to come to terms with the disorder and learn how to accept what I call "episodes." I still have these episodes two or three times a year, but it helps to remind myself that I just have to ride it out and that things will return to normal eventually.

Self-help books are good too. Stop Walking on Eggshells is one I still have to read about once a year or so, just to wrap my head around what is happening to me. Having anyone close to you read it as well is a good idea, so they know what to expect and why you are acting crazy. I think there are workbooks out there, too. Try looking for them on Amazon.

I've always thought this forum needed a Borderline folder, because having both BPD and SA is a cruel, cruel combination.
Best of luck to you, and feel free to send me a message if you ever need to talk.

hd27

hi thank you very much for all. unfortunately in my country doctors only give loads of medicine. and I went to a theraphist she never done dbt or cbt. she's just talking. as i felt.

and i'm misdiagnosed. one doctor told me I"m biopolar. and she's a professor. and she gave me 3 medicines even without telling what my illness is.

and the thrapist and american docotr told me I have borderline. I feel no one can cure me.

anyway thank you all (sweet marie, agent violen and Zarathustra)