Boosting self-esteen

April72

It might be worthy to write or at least you think about your qualities. I'm sure there are many, so take a time to think about them.

I'm nice and I'm not gonna add anything else because another of my qualities is humility, but I have others like everybody.
At least, two qualities I'm sure of because everybody say it.

And you?:)

nicole1

I'm loyal and I'm kind. I love to help others if I can. And sometimes, I feel like I'm awesome af. These are things I simply feel about myself, even if no one appreciates it.

Sacrament

Not so much a question of self-esteem but more of self-acceptance. The first one relies on being up to certain standards, whereas the other one implies accepting yourself as you are, flaws and all.

On topic: I'm funny, and I have a way with words (writing and towards women).

April72

Sacrament, you're right and in my opinión Acceptance is one of the best work we have to do. By the way, doesn't acceptance affect on your self-esteen?

I love people who has humor sense! It's something I lack. :)

Sacrament

Well, if you think about it as self-acceptance and not self-esteem, then you're able to accept yourself right away. Self-esteem seems like something you have to build, whereas self-acceptance implies accepting yourself as you are right now, which helps you improve more easily.

April72

Yeah, After a life of wanting to be what I am not, I finally accepted myself and as you say, is one of the thing better to do for improving.

nicole1

I thought I posted here again. I was agreeing about self-acceptance and how it does wonders for the self-esteem. Accepting flaws and all gives a sort of relief. Constantly worrying about where you come short simply weighs you down and keep you in a cycle of anger, disappointment, and self-hatred.

April72

Yes, please. Post here as much as you want.
This thread hasn't got another intention that all of us come across the many qualities than an avoidant can have. As anybody.
It's only that we find hard to see them.

I want to put something else. I'm affectionable and caring, specially with my learners.

Are you Spanish or Lathinamerican, Nicole? I ask you for the emoticón that says "yo". It's the way to say "me" in Spanish. I'm Spanish.

Sammie_Kay

I like to keep a journal of all the things I need to remember that I did. Even if it was really small like I took a new road to work today or that I had to make a phone call.

dany

I like to help everybody who needs my help. I care about people and avoid upsetting anyone. I am friendly despite the fact that I don't like meeting new people too often. I try to stay positive all the time no matter what happens.