Boo!

Darryl

If I watch supernatural shows or taps I get chills all the way through the programme

Chills.. long, long chills up and down both legs, through the back then top of head with both eyes weeping.

Few years back watching a similar TV programme I strongly believed I saw my dad who died before I was born.
Today I'm not 100% sure if this was the case as it was so long ago.

sometimes it feels like I can connect to the outside world?

Has anyone had this sensation before or is it some kind of emotion release and those shows push all the right buttons?

Sinar_Matahari

I love those kinds of shows just for the scare factor. It's fun to believe that there might some truth to all of those ghost stories, hauntings and sightings. Especially when there is a tragic tale behind it.

I used to enjoy watching TAPS until I saw evidence that they're full of crap. I once saw some footage from one of their ghost huntings and it turns out that some things were faked. This is not to say that the other things that happen are fake as well, but the footage does paint everything with a veneer of doubt. Also, most of the "genuine" hauntings on that show can be explained. TAPS was basically ruined for me. ::(:

It's not that I don't believe in the supernatural/paranormal, I simply find it difficult to believe people. It's liars and charlatans who ruin this kind of thing for others. I'm not suggesting that you are a liar, btw.

lunaticbinge

Nobody's gonna believe this but i'll post it anyway:
wtfrcm.jpg

^Picture taken at an old cemetery in my town by my buddy. All the headstones were from the early 1800's to the early 1900's. I think that line in the center is the result of my scanner.

Nobody's gonna believe this but i'll post it anyway:
wtfrcm.jpg

^Picture taken at an old cemetery in my town by my buddy. All the headstones were from the early 1800's to the early 1900's. I think that line in the center is the result of my scanner.

''Who you gonna call?..''
2ikshuc.jpg

Darryl

Yeah, that all helps?

What concerns me are jokes in reply to questions.

What about people who are struggling for answers, confused and finally get the courage to ask a question and the response is filled with jokes and unless information.

Think about your replies and how it can deeply effect.

It's not all about you!

Yeah, that all helps?

What concerns me are jokes in reply to questions.

What about people who are struggling for answers, confused and finally get the courage to ask a question and the response is filled with jokes and unless information.

Think about your replies and how it can deeply effect.

It's not all about you!

Oh, I'm sorry, Darryl. We're not trying to ridiculing you, it's at your person or you believe, that's not the nature of this site. Jokes are mostly made to lighten the mood. My most sincere apologies for my part if it offended you.

As for you question..

I actually had many, what I thought were, paranormal experiences when I was younger. Not through shows though, but in real life. My hair suddenly standing up. Remote control cars suddenly activating. Odd sounds. Sensation of being watched. It happened so constantly that after a while I didn't even considered it odd or scary anymore. It was expected. I felt like I was perfectly in-tune with the ''other side'' if you will.

The truth of these events turned out to be far less mysterious however.. Most things I saw, felt and heard were due to it being in an old attic. Creaks, drafts, electric magnetism, uneven floor level, all those things caused all the events I experienced. What I though was spiritual connection was nothing more the the power of suggestion. It was all in my head. Rather disappointing. We tend to believe things, if we really want them to be real, I've been there. :/

I used to strongly believe in spirits and the supernatural.. and I'd really like to witness a true paranormal event. But it's just that there's never been a case where what happened couldn't be explained. Sometimes the explanation is complicated, very complicated, but there was always an explanation. Though, I'm not saying there's no such thing as supernatural, I'm just saying I've just not experienced a real event before.

I'm not sure how much this helps you...

Last edited: