Blonde obsession

Ransfordrowe

Anyone else find the love affair so many people have with blonde hair colour anoyying.For some reason alot of men like blonde women.It seems at times that the majority of women on tv,magazines and the ones I see each day were I live are blonde.

It's seems so many people's view of beauty is so limited.If you don't fit into that narrow band in regards to your appearance then your not considered attractive by alot of people.Im not really speaking about myself since I dont worry about it much.I mean more generally as in western societies like England,US,Canada etc.To mean beauty comes in alot of different shapes,sizes and colours.But I wonder how many people really think the same.

Sacrament

I don't think you see that as much these days. A lot of women in advertising or who are models are brunette or even red-haired. The whole blonde thing sounds very 90s to me, for some reason.

And it's not that I don't understand it. I mean, a blonde girl with blue eyes is a beautiful thing.

lily

Anyone else find the love affair so many people have with blonde hair colour anoyying.For some reason alot of men like blonde women.It seems at times that the majority of women on tv,magazines and the ones I see each day were I live are blonde.

It's seems so many people's view of beauty is so limited.If you don't fit into that narrow band in regards to your appearance then your not considered attractive by alot of people.Im not really speaking about myself since I dont worry about it much.I mean more generally as in western societies like England,US,Canada etc.To mean beauty comes in alot of different shapes,sizes and colours.But I wonder how many people really think the same.

i would see things as a whole, not just in part to see if they're beautiful or pretty. there definitely r different types of beauty.

To be a purely natural Blonde has the least possibility in nature.
The majority are naturally brunette or naturally black haired.

The Hair Dye Industry would make billions less profit each year, if being a Blonde haired female was not held up on a pedestal as being the most desired hair colour.
Follow the money...

kuurt

I'm like you, beauty comes in many shapes, sizes, and colors as well as ages and races.

Ransfordrowe

Hi.I noticed that Sacrament said that blonde hair blue eyes is beautiful.Fair enough if that's what he finds attractive.But it illustrates what I was talking about.Women with blonde hair being held up as the ideal in terms of beauty.If that's the ideal then a woman who is Asian,black etc does not look like that.So how then does the majority of main stream society see them.If someone is attractive only because they are blonde and blue eyed then I think that is worrying. Alot of societies are obsessed with beauty at least that's my view.I know that beauty and appearance should not be so important but it is whether we like it or not.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Could be a matter of scarcity. Brown eyes and brown hair are a lot more common. Why do you think it's worrying? Attraction is not something one control.

lily

i don't think it's worrying b/c every kind of people get dates even unattractive people and everyone one has different tastes. There r different looks out there! :)