Birthdays

emptybench

Don't you guys hate when people tell you that it's the birthday of someone you are not a friend of and then you have no excuse for not greeting him?

Like today it's the birthday of a coworker of mine, and he is a complete troll, enjoys make fun of people, he even said that he could make fun of a lot of things in me, just didn't do it because I'm a girl (which I thought was a very offensive comment). He is the coworker I try to avoid the most, and I just couldn't greet him yet. Birthday greetings, at least in my country, involves hugs and wishes of long life etc, which is already a very difficult thing for me to do with friends. I'm pretty sure he will make fun of the way I'd compliment him. But at the same time I think that if I don't, he will probably make me one of his joke's targets. I hate being in this situation.

dyingtolive

Yuck, hugs and kisses to a co worker. i dont know how it is there, but i can relate with the troll co-worker, i wouldnt greet him but in our country thats more ok.

If that were me i wouldn't greet him then just ignore him when/if he makes fun of me. But that probably isn't the best thing to do either. But i would still do that since it feels the most natural for me..

coyote

in america, it's customary to give the birthday boy a spanking

one swat for every year, plus one "to grow on"

explain to your co-worker that you're learning american customs

then tell him to bend over

Iluv

If he acts like that then just do not acknowledge it is his birthday. Especially if you are putting yourself in way of his verbal vomit. He doesn't even sound like he deserves any happy birthday wishes. Just try to avoid him.

in america, it's customary to give the birthday boy a spanking

one swat for every year, plus one "to grow on"

explain to your co-worker that you're learning american customs

then tell him to bend over

Note to self; do not go to America on my birthday.

In Canada we must eat as many timbits as how old we are . ::p:. And then everybody says 'eh' afterwards and if you fail then you have to run out in front of a polar bear with bacon on your head.
true story.

emptybench

@Iluv Didn't know what are timbits, but they look very good

@coyote lol

Thanks everybody for your answers, I didn't greet him, just avoided all day long..