Birthday coming up soon, and that terrifies me

zav943

Hey everyone,

My birthday is in 3 weeks and I have no idea what to do...I'm in a new city with very few friends (and no real close ones), none of whom know when my birthday is.

I'm anxious the day will come and no one will do anything for me (apart from writing me a note on facebook or something).

I'm also terrified of inviting people and none of them showing up...

What do I do? I really want to do something (ANYTHING) on that day...should I tell some of my "closer" friends a week or so before to get their pulse on having a small dinner or something or should I send an email to everyone (probably 10 people TOPS)? What if they don't show up or forget?

Any advice appreciated...also, what did you do for your last birthday

mads

Hey everyone,

My birthday is in 3 weeks and I have no idea what to do...I'm in a new city with very few friends (and no real close ones), none of whom know when my birthday is.

I'm anxious the day will come and no one will do anything for me (apart from writing me a note on facebook or something).

I'm also terrified of inviting people and none of them showing up...

What do I do? I really want to do something (ANYTHING) on that day...should I tell some of my "closer" friends a week or so before to get their pulse on having a small dinner or something or should I send an email to everyone (probably 10 people TOPS)? What if they don't show up or forget?

Any advice appreciated...also, what did you do for your last birthday

I would try to arrange a small dinner for your friends. Send them an email and ask them if they are up for some snacks and a drink afterwards :)

hangbi92

my birthday passed just like all the other days, i didnt do anything but stayed alone at home, except that there were wishes from my friends on FB

Lionheart

Banned
I dont do nothing, just another normal day

Since im 16(im 18 now)i never was making a birthday party again why?how the hell can you have fun with this fear and family problems...i dont even see a reason to live the only think i have is me im about to lern to forget about to get a girlfriend and other thinks because of all **** that happened in my live and it wasnt even my fault...maybe this dont help you but there people out there that have even more problems than you.

mummylala

By birthday has always been like an ordinary day.. it was never made fuss of when i was younger and its the same now, i will be getting a new tattoo this year for by bday so that will be one to look forward to :)

Fighter86

I would try to arrange a small dinner for your friends. Send them an email and ask them if they are up for some snacks and a drink afterwards :)

I second that, sounds like a good idea and approach. Over the past several years, I never really celebrated my Birthday, just dinner with family sometimes, but I really just want the day to past over quickly and treat it like any normal day. I also prefer people not knowing when my birthday is so they can't ask what I would be doing on that day. 21st is considered a milestone for many, but I never really celebrated, did nothing really, just stayed home the entire day in my shorts and shirt, didn't even bother to get tidied up after waking up that morning. In the end, I just grudgingly cut a cake and open a couple of presents some family got for me. That's all, the story of my life.