Bipolar Disorder and Anxiety

x000x

Does anyone else have bipolar disorder and any type of anxiety disorder?

If so, do you find yourself to get high levels of anxiety when you're in an elevated mood? Or does it happen when you're in a depressed mood? I'm just looking for some responses about how you manage both the disorders. Hopefully I get some good responses. :) Thanks.

I have ultradian cycling bipolar. It means I cycle frequently throughout the day. I get a lot of anxiety in both the elevated and depressed mood.

I try to manage with CBT as well as buddhist ideas. I don't have any medication that works at this point in time. Wish I had better solutions. hope some others do.

x000x

I have ultradian cycling bipolar. It means I cycle frequently throughout the day. I get a lot of anxiety in both the elevated and depressed mood.

I try to manage with CBT as well as buddhist ideas. I don't have any medication that works at this point in time. Wish I had better solutions. hope some others do.

I cycle frequently throughout the day too. I've noticed my anxiety is really high lately because I don't take an anti depressant/anxiety medication anymore.

x000x

Do either of you smoke cigarettes? I smoke and my anxiety level gets high (because of the stimulant effect of the nicotine I'm guessing), but I also can get really hyper after or sometimes I'll feel tired and sad.

I used to smoke. I prefered it when I was depressed. It usually left me feeling sort of wired.

why'd you stop taking an anti anxiety/depression medication?

x000x

I used to smoke. I prefered it when I was depressed. It usually left me feeling sort of wired.

why'd you stop taking an anti anxiety/depression medication?

I was put on lithium for bipolar and never give a prescription for anything to help with my anxiety.

lunarla

I have Bipolar Disorder type II. (I actually just started actuallyyyyy taking the meds for it, Matt. Not sure about it still...)

Feathers

I'm a bit bipolar-ish and depressish at times, not really diagnosed or anything.. (Though a few years ago Mom suggested seeing a therapist or something, but I was insulted and wouldn't go. :))

Walking in fresh air/exercise seem to help (if I can make myself go, ideally every day), also right nutrition - this can be quite individual.. I wrote a bit about it in the Natural remedies thread.. Basically stay away from sweets, make sure blood sugar levels are okay and not jumping up and down..

I'm still struggling with it all sometimes too.. It may be hormonally related too (PMS or such).. My anxiety or mood swings seem related to nutrition and thoughts/fears in my head.. For example, a really great day, when I was on a trip with some cool people, eating or drinking allsorts, may be followed by a really crummy day. So when I'm up everything seems possible, and when I'm not-so-up, well.. I don't want to go on meds and prefer to tweak the nutrition and such, some books on CBT have also been really helpful..

be_noticed

well i had my first panic attack 2 months ago. i had to go to the hospital and when i came out my doctor said i have anxiety. i still dont know what type i have and i dont want to go back there and find out, i really dont i cant stand places like that and i felt like i was being assesed and analysed. i'd rather talk online first where i cant see anyone's reaction. i was really scared of the doctor when i went there, she kept agreeing with me but her face looked otherwise ::(: but i have to do an anxiety diary first. i decided to stay indoors this whole summer just so i dont panic about anthing, but then again i never go out -_- ...and i will start my diary when i go back to college next week ::(: not looking forward to being around some people i feel uncomfortable around.

moni10

I gave up Prozac for a couple of weeks.I'm not very proud of myself but I have to say I've tried the alcohol method, I mean, when I was feeling too anxious i used to drink a beer.Then my anxiety and panic attacks got worse.I don't even ask why.

sanitariumcalls

Bipolar I Schizotypal and Social Anxiety Disorder since I was 11 (13 years now)

Most of the time my anxiety hits me when I'm swinging. From depressed to manic and vice versa, and its BAAAAAD. Whatever the trigger, and length of the attack, I will hide in my dark home office and cling to my coping skills (my computer and music)

Usually, it doesn't last long due to years and years of practice of smacking myself out of it, but it is not easy, especially when I'm in class...

I can't afford therapy or meds, so I do everything as alt. medicine and spirituality as possible... but again, it ain't easy...