Big city/small town

coyote

I enjoyed traveling and living in a large city for the same reason.

I like the freedom of anonymity.

I live in a small town again, but there's a large transient/tourist population, and I'm not originally from here, so I still feel like I'm flying under radar when I'm out and about.

Last edited:

IGotSeoul

Lived in NYC for a bit, and while normally large groups of people put me off, the city was absolutely amazing in a sense that I felt tiny. Everybody going about their own business and such.

However, when it comes to adapting and immersing into new social groups and communities (i.e. school, work, duty to interact, etc), the transition is normally very rocky and unpleasant until I feel comfortable around those I share frequented, common space with.

Kiwong

Yes, I also love the anonymity of the big city. I regularly travel to Sydney and feel more relaxed and can be myself.

The trouble with the town where I live, is there are people who THINK they know me, and it makes me unwell.

I have never liked the town where I live. I still don't call it home after 15 years.

Outer_Senshi

I live in a small village and this becomes a factor of stress to me.
Here, people know each other well, they make a lot of questions about us and our lives, we don't have much privacy. And if we don't say anything to them, they start talking and imagining the most absurd things.

Some people here say that I'm rude and impolite sometimes but that's the way I deal with excessive curiosity.