Best place to live in Australia?

Elad

Banned
sooo where is it, in your opinion?

I want to move over from New Zealand shortly and I'm interested to hear what you aussies have to say. :p

Last edited:

Kat

I’ll swap with you I’d love to go to New Zealand, Tasmania is gorgeous, my parents went there. I’ll see if I can scan some photos of their trip.

Lost Girl

I lived in Queensland for a few months, and I tells ya, the people there suck!
Nice weather though.
Lame beaches.

I would say anywhere on the New South Wales coast would be the go.

Perth looks great too, I might move there for a couple years sometime.

The Nephilim

Hi Elad,

I just moved to Australia from NZ

I think it depends on what you're after. Every city has something different to offer.

My partner and I moved to Melbourne about 3 weeks ago. This is our 3rd time here in 12 months. I have been to Brisbane and Sydney and did not get much out it.

Melbourne is full of culture, art, fashion, good food, coffee and music. You know usually when you are on holiday, you are looking through holiday eyes, and see things quite differantly, well, I love it more than when I was holidaying here. People are relaxed and friendly. Just a casual stroll on a weekday in the city makes for an exciting time out. It's a really inspiring and vibrant city.

There are obviously the down sides, however, we are fortunate enough to not experience it. It can be hard to get a place here, ppl have told me it can take months. However, we found something the day after we arrived. We've been here 3wks and I only had my first interview today, I got it though, and the money is much better here than in NZ.

I just can't say enough about here. But everyones experiences are different, might even pay to watch out for some good flights and go on holiday to the places you think you would enjoy.

Good luck

I lived in Queensland for a few months, and I tells ya, the people there suck!

ah hum, my entire family and I, have lived in Queensland all my life. I have only ever come across the same amount of people that "suck" that you would find anywhere!
There is no more or less than normal in my opinion, just for the record.

Elad

Banned
You can trust the images in these photos, there's heaps more but these are just some.

Woah, looks really amazing. Thanks. :)

ah hum, my entire family and I, have lived in Queensland all my life. I have only ever come across the same amount of people that "suck" that you would find anywhere!

Haha ... and in the red corner.. weighing in at .. :p

boxing_gloves.jpg

Last edited:

Lost Girl

:p I am just speaking from my own personal experience. Just about every person I met and/or befriended in Queensland was arrogant or rude, and more importantly, two-faced!

We were neighbours with a man from Perth who also had the same experience with QLD locals. Sorry!

Of course I don't believe that every Queenslander is that way, but these were the types that I was unfortunate enough to came across time and time again during my stay there :rolleyes:

Elad

Banned
No worries:). here’s a few more of various places they have been to within Australia.

I live in Adelaide it’s known for the city of churches, it’s ok I am not sure if the people are overly friendly here, but it just depends I guess. What, I like about it, is the population is small so there is not much traffic.

Looking at all these awesome pictures is making me want to get off this little island more and more. Haha.

appreciate the shots, Kat.

Last edited:

Kat

Looking at all these awesome pictures is making me want to get off this little island more and more. Haha.

appreciate the shots, Kat.

Sometimes the grass can seem greener tho, but it shouldn’t be too hard for you to stay here:). Just, hope you won’t be disappointed.

Elad

Banned
Sometimes the grass can seem greener tho, but it shouldn’t be too hard for you to stay here:). Just, hope you won’t be disappointed.

Yeaaah thats always true. I hope it really is greener though :p

:p I am just speaking from my own personal experience. Just about every person I met and/or befriended in Queensland was arrogant or rude, and more importantly, two-faced!

We were neighbours with a man from Perth who also had the same experience with QLD locals. Sorry!

Of course I don't believe that every Queenslander is that way, but these were the types that I was unfortunate enough to came across time and time again during my stay there :rolleyes:

I am sorry to hear that the people you came across during your stay in Queensland were some of the bad apples in the box.::(:That was unfortunate.

crankitup

I'm originally from far north Queensland and I've always thought people up there are more friendly then Melbourne where I now live. Up there when you look at someone they will say hello to you, down here you look at someone they think you want to fight or something.

Don't forget Queensland is such a vast place, You will find people from southern Queensland a lot different to the North and the west is a lot different again