Best B Complex Vitamin for improving mental health

mwake

Hi, I've heard some mention positive experiences when taking B complex vitamins as a way to lesson anxiety and depression especially when it is linked to deficiency issues.

However, I am bewildered by all the different ingredients and supposed quantities that make up the b complex. This is making it hard for me to choose a product to buy. Of course I could just get general store brand but I'm looking for something that maybe optimised for improving mental health.

Does anyone had experience with any highly regarded b complex brand /product that are helpful for improving mental health issues?

Many thanks.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yes, I find taking a B Complex Vitamin helps my moods a bit. Any little bit helps.
I know it works because when I forget to take one for a while I notice the difference. :thumbup:

Not sure if you have this one in your country though.

192702.jpg

AshBash

Neurotransmitters Imbalance in Brain

I searched online Anxiety, and Depression can be caused by our Neurotransmitters being imbalanced. There's pills to balance them. I wonder if it works though :thinking:

Last edited:

mwake

Re: Neurotransmitters Imbalance in Brain

I searched online Anxiety, and Depression can be caused by our Neurotransmitters being imbalanced. There's pills to balance them. I wonder if it works though :thinking:
Thanks for replies I will have a look for that item [emoji4]

Don't neglect Omega 3, which also has an impact on your brain's health, I usually eat flax seeds before going to bed to get my dose, it can also be found in fat fish (salmon for example)

grapevine

Brewers yeast. Sprinkle it on your food. (B vitamins a good for combatting stress.)

Hempseed oil or Flaxseed oil (for omega 3/6 & 9 )
Vitamin B12 losengers
Vitamin D3

Drink plenty of water - get plenty of good rest and also get out int he fresh air and sunlight each day and some movement in.
Eat a whole foods diet rich in fruits and vegetables and beans and pulses and nuts and seeds and leafy greens. Eat raw foods in the
form of salads/smoothies and fresh made juices.

Last edited:

mwake

Brewers yeast. Sprinkle it on your food. (B vitamins a good for combatting stress.)

Hempseed oil or Flaxseed oil (for omega 3/6 & 9 )
Vitamin B12 losengers
Vitamin D3

Drink plenty of water - get plenty of good rest and also get out int he fresh air and sunlight each day and some movement in.
Eat a whole foods diet rich in fruits and vegetables and beans and pulses and nuts and seeds and leafy greens. Eat raw foods in the
form of salads/smoothies and fresh made juices.

Great advice thank-you, I recently changed my diet, was raised on junk food but now more eating fresh food. Excercise is next, to challenge my self to go out more everyday. Only just started my new life methods, got to keep at it for at least 6 months...i how it will work. I have friends who take pharmaceutical tablets but in want to try more natural methods first. Also v stated mediation 3 times a day and find that helpful too.
Don't neglect Omega 3, which also has an impact on your brain's health, I usually eat flax seeds before going to bed to get my dose, it can also be found in fat fish (salmon for example)
Thanks, I just bought some flaxseed oil. Put some in my main meal every morning.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

lilly354

If your anxiety is down to B vitamins, it is worth looking into maca root. Sounds simple and silly, but this radish helps a lot. I actually use it for my own anxiety and panic attacks. I always make sure I have some on hand.

Yes, I find taking a B Complex Vitamin helps my moods a bit. Any little bit helps.
I know it works because when I forget to take one for a while I notice the difference. :thumbup:

Not sure if you have this one in your country though.

192702.jpg

I've recently started taking this. I presume it has B complex vitamins in it.
I used to take St John's Wart.
I also take antidepressant, antianxiety & antipsychotic meds.
Overall, my moods tend to be stable most of the time, but not all of the time (but i'm not getting severely depressed or anxious like i used to).
I also get outside for at least 30 mins daily, & do light exercise (walking) & also some yoga & pressups/etc.

lily

i love this thread, it talks about healthy diet, eating and exercise which is good for the mind/body mental health :) i learned that everything starts in the gut, that's the part if your digestion is good there and you're starting to eat the right things then you'll be doing your inner being a favor, wishing you all good health and healing

Last edited: