Being with someone who has SA too?

I was wondering how that would work out. I'm kind of afraid to date someone who doesn't have SA because they might not understand me and get frustrated with me. My ex broke up with me because I was too quiet. I just don't want that to happen again.

But I also wonder how being with a guy who has SA would work out?
We would both be very self conscious and quiet around each other...

I never been with a quiet guy so I always felt different.

I think been with someone who understands is major important, i would rather be with someone who has the same issues or similar issues to me because i think we would share a connection like no other.
If your with someone with SA i think after a while you would feel 100% comfortable with them.

Then again I also think maybe with a talkative outgoing guy will help me be more social? i don't know...

Kustamogen

Banned
lol youd turn into hermits...I had two friends that both had similar SA issues....and I set them up....3 years later I hardly see them at all....just spend all their time together doing things by themselves

Krista

It is very nice to have someone who understands how you're feeling with SA but it takes hard work. Sometimes you'll both have low moments where things don't seem right but if you're committed and want it, it's really quite nice. You kinda grow together with SA, helping each other with it.

Btw, you're really freaking pretty, lol. The fact that you're not dating someone right now is crazy.

It is very nice to have someone who understands how you're feeling with SA but it takes hard work. Sometimes you'll both have low moments where things don't seem right but if you're committed and want it, it's really quite nice. You kinda grow together with SA, helping each other with it.

Btw, you're really freaking pretty, lol. The fact that you're not dating someone right now is crazy.

Yeah i guess there's pros and cons when it comes to that.

Haha! thank you again!

The thing is, I never get out. I'm not in school yet and I don't have a job.

Yeah I REALLY like this guy at a record store but I don't have the courage to ask him out...

I get really bad anxiety around him when I go there to buy music.

lol youd turn into hermits...I had two friends that both had similar SA issues....and I set them up....3 years later I hardly see them at all....just spend all their time together doing things by themselves

I don't think that sounds too bad LOL :rolleyes:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I dated a guy who was fairly quiet/reserved. Whether or he had SA, I don't know. Sometimes it was quite awkward... but we had a lot of deep and engaging conversations. It was probably the most open I'd been with anyone, because I didn't feel as if I was being judged on a superficial level. Unfortunately, we both had a lot of trouble with intimacy. Which made it difficult.
So. Yeah.

Krista

Haha! thank you again!

Yeah I REALLY like this guy at a record store but I don't have the courage to ask him out...

There are with just about any damn guy, lol. I really have to force myself to get out sometimes, the internet almost becomes my nightlife which I hate. It makes me feel weak but the feeling that everyone instantly dislikes me is hard to get over. I never feel adequate. Maybe you could work up just starting conversations with him, let him ask you out?

johnny 85

Haha! thank you again!

HOLD UP..... u still pay for ur music :rolleyes:

There are with just about any damn guy, lol. I really have to force myself to get out sometimes, the internet almost becomes my nightlife which I hate. It makes me feel weak but the feeling that everyone instantly dislikes me is hard to get over. I never feel adequate. Maybe you could work up just starting conversations with him, let him ask you out?

I don't personally see how anyone could dislike you..
You shouldn't think that seriously, your one of the most amazing people i have ever had the pleasure of speaking with.

My last boyfriend was the social outgoing type. He always wanted to go out with his friends, have some drinks and such. I HATE BARS. I really do. But I went with him to one with his friends and sat there to afraid to say anything. Suddenly his one friend turned to me and said "Why don't you say anything. GOD! I HATE people who don't talk"

Made me feel awful and I never wanted to go out with him...
unless he was going to his best friends house. Who was the shy awkward type like me. I loved being there I felt comfortable there...

and now he's my boyfriend haha

johnny 85

My last boyfriend was the social outgoing type. He always wanted to go out with his friends, have some drinks and such. I HATE BARS. I really do. But I went with him to one with his friends and sat there to afraid to say anything. Suddenly his one friend turned to me and said "Why don't you say anything. GOD! I HATE people who don't talk"

unless he was going to his best friends house. Who was the shy awkward type like me. I loved being there I felt comfortable there...

lmao. nice ending ;)

Krista

I don't personally see how anyone could dislike you..
You shouldn't think that seriously, your one of the most amazing people i have ever had the pleasure of speaking with.

Ah, dear I'm flattered ::eek:: I'm not much though. It's really easy to feel that way, when you live where I do you get a lot of racist comments. It's easy to feel broke down with these people.

I dated a guy the same, I fell for him when we met at Schwagg, a mini Woodstock experience but he was soo outgoing. I was so quiet compared to him. And I hated that girls were always all over him. After awhile things just didn't work out. The last time I talked to him, he came over to smoke out of a new bong I got, we had a good time and never talked again, lol.

johnny 85

I wouldn't feel right stealing from them.

Unless its from an artist I can't stand but like their music;)

u aint stealing from them !! artists make there money through concerts !! theres lots of artists out there who are for file sharing. actually file sharing is benefiting for them !!

u aint stealing from them !! artists make there money through concerts !! theres lots of artists out there who are for file sharing. actually file sharing is benefiting for them !!

Well I'm kind of weird in a way. I like having the real thing and not some tacky CD with the title written in marker.

Anyways, back on topic.

What am I supposed to say to a guy that I don't even know??

I think he might be interested...I know he looks at me.

Krista

Well I'm kind of weird in a way. I like having the real thing and not some tacky CD with the title written in marker.

Anyways, back on topic.

What am I supposed to say to a guy that I don't even know??

I think he might be interested...I know he looks at me.

Well of course he does, I feel insecure just talking to you ::eek::

But maybe see if he could recommend anything to you? Ask him what kind of music he likes? Or do something that guys love, making eye contact which is hard when you have SA but it might get him to talk. Guys are almost painfully shy as well. Unless you're some cocky as* who thinks he's awesome, boys have a hard time making the first move as too.