Being short contributes to SA

Fear of people

I'm wondering if any body else out there...suffers from SA due to being short and feeling as though,your being stared at...when ever your out in public e.t.c...parks...shopping centres or simply walking down the street and you start to feel paranoid...believing inside your mind, that people are always judging you and staring at you...because you are short, like myself for instance. I feel as though being short, triggered my SA in the first place.::(:

Fear of people

Well I'm over 6 foot 2. I think SA comes in all shapes and sizes.
I know for a fact...that tall people also suffer from SA...how ever I have always' been inferior of my height and lack self esteem and confidence due to this. I do believe how ever...being only 5 feet nothing (female) contributed to SA. I was called small fry...garden nome... tiny and other names, when I was in my youth and because of these negative comments made by others...I basically dislike tall people.

staticreflex

I think that people with SA (myself included) find whatever reason we can to rationalize and excuse what we are feeling. I personally never thought there was a connection between height and SA.

Kiwong

I know for a fact...that tall people also suffer from SA...how ever I have always' been inferior of my height and lack self esteem and confidence due to this. I do believe how ever...being only 5 feet nothing (female) contributed to SA. I was called small fry...garden nome... tiny and other names, when I was in my youth and because of these negative comments made by others...I basically dislike tall people.

That's awful that height has contributed to your SA.

Well I was called Shero the Dero and Monkey Man, Hermsey and Lurch. Bullies used to follow me and tease my walk.

I dislike the people who bullied me be they short or tall, male or female. And some of the female bullying was the most hurtful of all. I don't trust women as a result.

So aren't we both mixed up?

Last edited:

Come to Asia then. South Korea, Malaysia... etc... most of us are under six feet. Many, like Malaysia, have a multi-ethnic culture too. Really though... It's really bad of those people to insult you like that.

Feathers

Ohh, I always wished I could be tiny!! Or at least smaller!!

Deeply envied less tall friends who could easily wear heels without looking like a giant!! (And some were better in basketball too! /shucks!/)

I was always one of the taller kids in class.. I like it if my man is taller, but girls who are not so tall have MUUCH more choice this way!!!

I like it if people are taller than me too, cuase then I don't have to hunch or feel embarassed for being so tall, lol.. But I really like and admire 'petite'/tiny girls, they usually have such gracefulness about them!!

Maybe those names were a (weird) way of giving affection? Sometimes people just pick on something-? (Or if they're angry/jealous and they just blurt out something? Especially if they see that it 'gets' you..)
I was called four eyes at times and really hated it (for the glasses) and then I hated some of my body shape as a teen etc etc.

I would sooner think guys might have a tallness problem (eg being short could contribute to SA), as many guys find tiny girls extremely attractive.. And many girls might like a taller guy.. But I've seen some very sociable shorter guys too..
So tallness/shortness is just one of the things that you can pick your head into and obsess about it (or not) and it's the obsessing that contributes to SA, not the actual nature of things.. As Static wrote..

Maybe they are looking at you cause you are pretty!!

Last edited:

Kiwong

I should point out that some of the best lady marathon distance runners are/were short.

Lisa Weightman, Clare Geraghty, Rosa Mota, Joan Benoit

Those ladies have my complete and utter admiration.

Danfalc

Banned
At 25 I'm 5 foot 4 maybe even 5,3 which is short for a dude.When I was at primary school I had people try and bully me because I was short until I started fighting back.I've also been rejected by girls because of my height and I remember one girl saying "you would be fit if you wasn't short"

So yeah at times in my life I think my height has contributed to my lack of confidence,I can be very critical of my appearance too and sometimes worry people don't take me seriously because of my height.But I wouldn't change my height even if I could :) Unless you get confidence out of being physically imposing I doubt it would make that much difference and I've tried to embrace my short arsed-ness :D I think it adds to my personality In a way.