being hate on on a support chat (not talking about this website)

something happened a few days ago that I don't really wanna mention, so I decided to go on an instant chat. I introduced myself and wrote about the incident and then I started getting hated on and people saying I should go kill myself and do it properly and calling me a troll. I said I wasn't a troll I just needed some support and they said you are a troll and you are stupid.

I don't get why people are so hateful, I went on expecting people to genuinely care not to bully me, i'm 21 but these people were saying to go hang myself and saying all these bad things about me.

Whats wrong with people...why did they instantly attack me.

leongrado

something happened a few days ago that I don't really wanna mention, so I decided to go on an instant chat. I introduced myself and wrote about the incident and then I started getting hated on and people saying I should go kill myself and do it properly and calling me a troll. I said I wasn't a troll I just needed some support and they said you are a troll and you are stupid.

I don't get why people are so hateful, I went on expecting people to genuinely care not to bully me, i'm 21 but these people were saying to go hang myself and saying all these bad things about me.

Whats wrong with people...why did they instantly attack me.

People on instant chat are usually bored people who are trying to find entertainment. This entertainment can come from being an ahole to people for no reason. I usually use omegle with an interest of "advice" because that usually filters everyone expect the people who are genuinely going to listen to your problems.

A better alternative might be to text a close friend. They will probably be more empathetic and understand your situation better.

Lowlight

I wouldn’t put much stock into trying to get sympathy from those on the Internet. This site is good, but you have to go on a case by case basis to feel out an environment.

The anonymity of the Internet allows infantile people to say things that they wouldn’t dare say to someone in person. Their actions speak more towards what animals they are rather than who you are.

Treat it like noise pollution and tune them out.

MikeyC

If it was a random chat site with random people, then the anonymity of the Internet is to blame. Don't put too much thought into why it happened - it's the Internet.

jaim38

I experienced the same thing several years ago. I went to a college/young adult chatroom asking for help. I just got fired from a job and needed some support, which I didn't get at all. The people in the chatroom were talking about sexually charged topics and cracking sexual jokes. I was the only person being serious there and they didn't like me asking all those questions about employment. I was kicked out of the chatroom for some reason, twice.

Now I know better not to go to chatrooms for support, especially young adult chatrooms on the internet.