bad things

Badbuz

its so weird that its only when bad things start happenin to the people around me that i realise that i dont have it so bad,and i feel bad for thinking this way.like my aunt has two forms of cancer and i was told she is saving for her own funeral which is horrible and wish i hadnt heard,then 2day i got home and found out that 1 of the people that i live in a house with was kicked out because hes an alcoholic who drank in his room all the time and was fired from his job and had a stroke recently and i didnt know bout any of that til 2day because its a big house and none of us really know eachother plus he was like over 50 id say.im ranting i know but i just love to know why do i feel like i can put my life into perspective wen things like this happen.i actually feel bad for sayin it

philly2bits

You shouldn't feel bad for saying it. You're not getting pleasure off these peoples misfortunes. All's that is happening is that hearing there stories lets you see you are not at the bottom. When all you have day to day are your own problems, it's easy to think it can't get any worse. But when another person shares a problem they have, it lets you see you are far from the bottom. Suddenly you don't see yourself as being on the bottom rung of the ladder, and this different perspective lets you tackle your own problems better.

Of course just because someone has it worse does not mean your problems don't matter. Someone having problems of there own that are worse then yours does not take from the fact that your problems do still effect your life in negative ways.